Rosette Mini Quilt + Your Free September Calendar

Did you enjoy the Olympics? How beautiful is Brazil? I watched more events than in previous years and was inspired by the athletes passion and commitment; they are amazing! I loved watching the diving, the gymnastics and the equestrian events and its a little sad its all over. The next four years will pass quickly and then it will be time to watch it all again in Tokyo.
It's also time for my new monthly mini and your free September Calendar. So, let me introduce you to the gorgeous, Rosette:
Like all young girls, I was obsessed with horses and ponies and I loved reading the Jill's Gymkhana book series by Ruby Ferguson. I had grand dreams of pinning an ornate satin rosette to the bridle of my chestnut horse, after winning gymkhana's just like Jill.
I'd practice in the backyard with my horse (a stuffed school sock, tied to a piece of dowel from dad's shed) and home made jumps that I could soar over. My equestrian dreams fizzled quickly when I actually rode a horse and it scared me so much, I never tried again :(
I find myself, holding my breath when I watch equestrian events. One feathered touch can bring down a jump or an irregular rhythm can ruin a dressage competition. Its all beautiful to watch and since I will never win a rosette of my own, I decided to make one as a mini quilt instead.
Rosette is a quick and easy paper pieced mini, finishing at around 14" square, which is a lovely size for a table topper or a cushion front. It would also make a lovely quilt, if you made multiple blocks and joined them with some simple sashing.
I picked a lovely bright palette of navy, red, teal and pink, which seems to be my favorite combination of late and they all came from my stash. I quilted my mini with my favorite flower design and I added a few connecting loops this time, just for something different.
The pattern includes full step by step instructions, diagrams, paper piecing templates and a colouring sheet for your fabric/ colour selection, plus optional instructions for hanging your mini.
If you would like to make your own Rosette mini quilt, from today until the end of September, PDF patterns will be available at the discounted and introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop, HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, patterns are also available in my Etsy shop, HERE.
And I also have your free September 2016 Calendar, featuring the gorgeous Rosette:
To download and print your free calendar, just visit HERE.
I may not have a wall of beautiful equestrian rosettes but I do have a lovely wall of mini quilts, so that's close enough for me :)
I hope you love Rosette as much as I do. It was a fun little quilt to make and for me, it will forever be a reminder of those wonderful backyard gymkhana's which brought so much happiness to my childhood.
Happy sewing :)

1 comment

  1. This looks so very pretty ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊