Gingerbread Whoopie Pies

Love them or hate them, Whoopie Pies took the baking world by storm a few years ago and I fell in love with these part cookie, part cake morsels. With Christmas baking top of my list at the moment, I thought I'd share with you, my Gingerbread Whoopie Pie recipe:


If your a gingerbread fan, like me, you will love these Whoopie Pies. They are packed with all the beautiful spices and flavours of traditional gingerbread and it really smells like Christmas when those signature aromas start wafting around the kitchen.


They are easy to prepare but the dough does require a little chilling time in the fridge, and they bake and cool quite quickly, so they are ready to fill and enjoy with the family or guests in no time.
I like to fill mine with a plain buttercrean but you could also make a lemon buttercream, which works wonderfully with gingerbread.  Give them a light dusting of icing sugar and they are ready to serve.


I like my Whoopie Pies quite puffy so this recipe yields twelve sandwiched pies but you could squeeze a few more from the dough, if you prefer a flatter, more cookie like pie. They last for a few days stored in an airtight container and apparently they are also perfect to pop in the freezer (so I've been told, I don't freeze my baking).


A plate of Gingerbread Whoopie Pies warms the soul and awakens that Christmas spirit. They are perfect to serve guests during the festive season or wrap them individually in cellophane bags, add some pretty ribbon and a card, to give as gifts to neighbours or teachers.


If you would like to try these super yummy Gingerbread Whoopie Pies, you can download the recipe by clicking the link or right click on the image below and save to your computer for later.



I hope you and your family enjoy these delicious little morsels. It just isn't Christmas around here, unless something gingerbread is baking in the oven.


Happy baking :)

3 comments

  1. Thanks for this recipe Rose, my daughter is collecting Gingerbread type recipes, so we can find her favorite for Christmas. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know better than to make these! But I did want to say how beautifully you present your posts here, thank you, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. Is a recipe that I don't eated never.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊