Beloved Mini Quilt ♥

" So fall asleep, loved by me....for I know love, I am loved by thee." Robert Browning

Love is definitely in the air and Valentine's Day is fast approaching. Being the romantic that I am, February is one of my favorite months. On the 11th, Les and I celebrate 28 years of marriage and then on the 14th we share our 33rd Valentine's Day together. We keep our celebrations simple but we never miss an opportunity to acknowledge the wonderful years we have lived and loved together :)
I have another pretty new mini quilt pattern for you and this one is just in time for Valentine's Day. Welcome to my pattern family, Beloved:
This is a paper pieced mini quilt pattern featuring scrappy geometric hearts, set with some simple alternate blocks. The heart has long been used to symbolise love and affection and at this time of the year, they are popping up everywhere on cards, chocolates, teddy bears and other cute Valentine's Day merchandise.
Beloved finishes at around 15" square and it looks lovely hanging on the wall but I think I might use my mini quilt as a table topper during February, complete with a big bowl of chocolates right in the centre :) The paper pieced blocks are constructed in eight small sections and go together quite easily and they are a great way to use up some of those scraps in your fabric cupboards
I chose a lovely mix of pink and red fabrics from my stash with the majority of them coming from my Bonnie and Camille container. I do love these fabrics as all of their lines play so nicely together and I think they work perfectly in this mini quilt.
Quilting my mini was lots of fun. I decided on a loopy stipple design and every now and then I added a sweet little heart:
The PDF pattern comes complete with full step by step instructions and diagrams for ease of construction and full sized FPP templates. Also included is a colouring sheet to help you plan your colour/fabric combinations prior to constructing your quilt and optional instructions for a hanging sleeve or hanging corners.
If you would like to make your own Beloved mini quilt for Valentine's Day, PDF patterns are now available for $5.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop, HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, they are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
I hope Beloved brings a little extra love to your February and to your Valentine's Day celebrations. No matter how you choose to spend your day, may it be filled with lots of love, heaps of affection and generous amounts of chocolate :)
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊