Eternal Mini Quilt + Your Free May 2017 Calendar

It's that time of the month again when I release a new mini quilt pattern and today I have something very sweet for you. This months design is my interpretation of the lovely "Bride's Puzzle" quilt block and I think it's stunning. So without further ado, welcome to my pattern family, the gorgeous Eternal:
There's a long history of bridal quilts and its interesting to research the significance of blocks etc. that we know so well and use in our modern day quilting. I was unable to find anything specifically related to the "Bride's Puzzle" block, which was disappointing but I did find a lot of information on star blocks in wedding quilts. A star block, represents the bride's euphoria or "starry eyed" feeling of love and hope for a wonderful future with her betrothed.  I think we can all remember that feeling on our own wedding days (and hopefully everyday since).
I'm assuming the "puzzle" refers to navigating your way in a marriage. Every relationship has its ups and down, its trials, its happiness, its sadness but most importantly, it has eternal love ♥
The centre star is a "Le Moyne" star block which is usually sewn with set in seams but for this mini I designed it using pieced HST's and flying geese units so it's easier to put together. In fact, even though this design may look complicated, its quite quick and easy to piece and I have broken the pattern down in simple parts to make it a fun mini for you to sew.
I used a simple colour palette of red, pink and aqua and combined with that crisp white homespun the mini is soft and sweet yet very striking. The mini quilt finishes at around 18" square so the pieces are a generous size with nothing too fiddly to piece. A full sized quilt with multiples of this design would look stunning, I may have to add this to my wish list of quilts to make one day :)
The PDF pattern includes a colouring sheet for you to plan your mini quilt prior to sewing and it includes full step by step instructions plus tonnes of diagrams to help make piecing your quilt easier. I have tried to write the pattern so it suits any level of sewer but as always, I'm here to help, so email me if you need any advice or if you have any questions.
The pattern also includes additional instructions on adding a hanging sleeve or corner hanging pockets so you can hang your mini to be admired.
I quilted my mini with my favorite all over flower design but there is so much negative space to play with so you could showcase some lovely quilting in this design.
If you would like to sew your own Eternal mini quilt, from today until the end of May 2017, PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
If you prefer an instant download, they are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
Plus I also have your free May 2017 calendar featuring the gorgeous Eternal:
To download and print this months calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope you love Eternal as much as I do. I had so much fun with this quilt and its such a pretty addition to my collection. Love is eternal ♥
Happy sewing :)

4 comments

  1. This is just beautiful! I already bought the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful desing. Thank you very much for the calendar. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. May 2017 Calendar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update, very nice site.. May 2017 Calendar

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊