Saw Blade Mini Quilt + Your Free August 2017 Calendar

Its hard to believe August is almost here. Where has this year gone? Maddi turns 23 on the 1st and she's had a bit of a rough patch lately so hopefully her birthday will cheer her up. She's had lots to be thankful for as well though (a new full time job in a marketing dept and a new car to buzz around in) and over the coming months, her and her boyfriend are looking to buy their first home. I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for her to fly the nest but it will be an exciting time for them and on the plus side, I'll have another house to decorate with quilt and crochet projects :)
It is time for me to share my new monthly mini and this month I have a stunning rainbow for you. Please welcome Saw Blade to my pattern collection:
I've had this design idea tucked in my notebook for months and I finally got around to bringing it to life with some beautiful solid fabrics. Saw Blade is a paper pieced mini quilt pattern which has quite a bit of work in it, but the end result is totally worth it :)
I love using solids and a rainbow quilt always make me happy. You can play around with so many colour combinations and their plainness enhances the design, making it all about the colour. I teamed them with some crisp white homespun and I think they shine beautifully.
The main blocks are nice and easy to paper piece. They are constructed in eight sections and I just had to include that little pinwheel. I adore pinwheels and this one is soooooo cute :)
I used two shades of one colour for each of the Saw Blade blocks but you could use more, depending on your solid fabric stash or you could do a combination of colours in each block.
The flying geese border is a little time consuming and you definitely get a work out running between the iron and the sewing machine, but its actually fun to make and I love how it frames the Saw Blade blocks.
To help cut down on your printing costs, I have put as many FPP templates per printing sheet as I can. I did have one problem with this brainwave of mine though; they are more templates on the flying geese border and the corner block sheets than you need. If someone who knows EQ7 and can tell me how to delete the unnecessary repeats when the delete button is not active in this mode, I'd be forever grateful :) You can either throw the extras away or save them for future projects but it does save on printing.
The PDF pattern comes complete with full step by step instructions, coloured diagrams for ease of construction, a colouring sheet for planning your colours/fabrics and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hanging pockets.
The mini quilt finishes at around 18" square so its a nice size to hang on your wall or to use as a table topper. It would also make a lovely cushion front, adding a gorgeous splash of colour to your living room or bedroom.
If you would like to make your own Saw Blade mini quilt, from today until the end of August 2017, PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop, HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, patterns are also available in my Etsy shop, HERE.
I also have your free August 2017 calendar, featuring the stunning Saw Blade:
To download and print your calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope you love Saw Blade as much as I do. Maddi stole this mini as soon as she saw it and has packed it away to take with her to her future home. That's one of the greatest reasons to create what we do, I think :)
Happy quilting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊