Week Ending (May 20)


Happy Sunday friends! I hope your week has been amazing. I've had one of those weeks where I seemed to be chasing my own tail but that's OK, some weeks are like that. Its also been super exciting to see all the photo's from Quilt Market in Portland this weekend.......stay tuned for a few photo's of Belle among all the other gorgeous projects.
OK lets have a look at this weeks Week Ending list. It's an eclectic and fun list, so here we go:

  • All People Quilt have a comprehensive list of Common Quilting Terms which I thought might be a great reference for everyone. It would be especially helpful for beginner quilters and some of them have links to videos or how to's to help with more information. You can find the complete list HERE.
  • Caring for your quilting/crafting tools is important for their longevity and your own protection. This Protective Coat For Your Rotary Cutter is a cute way to store your rotary cutter plus its offers you protection when its in your craft bag or sewing box and you're digging around trying to find it. You can find the free tutorial HERE
  • I love crocheted triangle scarves and Elaina is just so pretty. In the right yarn it would light weight and the perfect fashion statement for any outfit. This is a paid pattern and you can purchase a copy HERE.
  • During winter I crave everything and its when I bake the most. There's nothing better than those home baked smells coming from the kitchen and this Oaty Choc Banana Bread is delicious. A slice of this with a hot chocolate is the perfect afternoon treat to have with my son after school. It warms the soul and gets him talking about important stuff all mums need to investigate...... like girls ;) You can find the recipe HERE.
  • To make the perfect quilt sandwich everything needs to be flat and wrinkle free but what about the batting? Ironing it is not a solution but this article HERE gives you some great tips for removing wrinkles from your batting.
  • Cute storage makes our sewing area look appealing and it inspires us to create. Most handmade storage items are quick to make and this Crocheted Mini Hanging Basket is super cute and looks fun and easy to crochet. You can find the free pattern HERE.
  • And lastly, did you watch the Royal Wedding? (sniff, sniff....I love weddings) In honor of Harry and Meghan's nuptials Scheepjes is running a beaded shawl CAL called Meghan's Moment and you guys, its so sweet! You can find all the details HERE and the free pattern HERE.
And that's it for this week. I hope you found something to inspire you. I'll be back soon with what I've been working on lately, plus I have a new mini quilt pattern releasing at the end of the week......exciting :)
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊