Week Ending (June 10)


Happy Sunday lovelies! I hope you've had an amazing week. Its been a very special week for us. Our daughter Maddi and her boyfriend Michael got engaged ♥ We are so thrilled for them both, they're our favorite couple ♥ Michael instantly became part of our family from the very first moment he walked in our home. He's a wonderful young man who loves our daughter so much and treats her like a princess; we love them both to pieces and wish them a lifetime of happiness♥
So I really should get on to this weeks list and yep you guessed it, it has a "love is in the air" theme:

  • Of course I'll be making them a wedding quilt, so I've started thinking about what I want to include and how I want to represent love, unity, family and home. This free heart pattern popped up on Facebook feed and its designed as a coaster but it could be used in lots of projects. You can find the free pattern HERE. I think you could have a lot of fun with this :)
  • Macarons are perfect for engagement parties or weddings and Martha has a basic recipe HERE which I'm dying to try. I've used a few different recipes over the years and I'm eager to see how this one goes.
  • The Double Wedding Ring quilt is a classic pattern and also a fantastic scrap buster. I found a gorgeous one HERE and the pattern is a freebie.
  • An autograph or signature quilt is a lovely way for guests to leave a message for any celebration. There are so many autograph blocks which are perfect to use in quilts and this article, Writing On Quilts talks about the best pens etc. to use and how to wash your quilt after its been autographed. You can read more HERE.
  • I found this gorgeous crocheted lace garter which is a free pattern and I've added it to my list of possibilities to make. I love it because its lacy and that sweet little flower. You can find the free pattern HERE.
  • Don't you love those gorgeous number or heart shaped fruit and cream tarts that are so popular now days? I found a tutorial for a Chocolate Raspberry Cream one HERE. Oh the possibilities!
  • And lastly, I found this pretty C2C Love Heart Crocheted Blanket. This is so simple but so sweet and you can find the free pattern HERE.
So that's it for another week. I hope you enjoyed these love themed links :) 
Amid all the excitement I have been working hard on finishing up a new quilt pattern which will be released very soon. Here's a little sneak peek of what to expect:


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)
Happy Week Ending :)

2 comments

  1. I look forward to this edition of your blog every week. Thanks sew much for doing this for us out here in blogland. And CONGRAT's to your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jacqueline. Its always a fun post to write. 😊

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊