Week Ending (July 15)


Happy Sunday beautiful people :) The first week of school holidays has been very relaxing. Its amazing how much more you can achieve without that time consuming twice daily school run ;)
This weeks list is a mixed bag of fun stuff to try, so lets take a look at which one's inspired me:

  • First up is this gorgeous La Conner Tote Bag tutorial. We all love a pretty patchwork bag and Jera has a great video tutorial to help you every step of the way. Her fabrics are gorgeous too.
  • We're enjoying the winter soup season and these Pumpkin and Chia Muffins are a cheesy and delicious accompliment to serve. I made a batch of these earlier in the week and yummo!
  • I really want to try these Snow Drops Mittens. I love that they are crocheted from a Caron cake, so you get the colour variations, plus it would be my first attempt at a proper mitten. I've only attempted a fingerless mitten so this could be fun.
  • A mini ironing board is a great way to save space at your sewing station and the Quilt Barn have a DIY Mini Ironing Table tutorial using a wooden TV tray. I love a project that's both useful and pretty. Great idea!
  • I store my fabrics in the cupboard to protect them from sunlight but I hadn't thought of moths etc. There's a great article on How To Prevent Pests With Long Term Storage on Craftsy that's worth a read. Our fabrics are precious so all tips to protect them are beneficial. 
  • This Sticky Date Banana Pudding looks divine. I'm adding this to my list of recipes I must try very soon.
  • And lastly, I have a fun little family for you to crochet. There are three links for this and you are going to love them all. First is Lisa the Crochet Mouse and shes just adorable. Next is Malvin the Mouse and he's the daddy of this little family. And finally, the Baby Mouse complete with cradle and blanket. Aren't they just the cutest family? Have fun!
And that's my list for another week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'm off to a Wedding Expo with my daughter. They have tentatively picked a wedding date (Nov 2019) so let the planning begin! It feels like just yesterday I was planning our own wedding and yet our 30th anniversary is in a few months!  Time flies way too fast!
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊