Week Ending (August 26)


Happy Sunday! I hope this week's been a gentle one for you and your family. Thanks so much for loving my Star Flower mini quilt as much as I do, I can't wait to see your versions.
This weeks Week Ending list is sure to spark your creative juices, so lets get straight to it:

  • Have you seen the Classic Christmas Quilt by Melissa Corry? Its a free pattern on the Moda Bake Shop blog and its gorgeous. It would look lovely in one Christmas fabric range or made using lots of scrappy fabrics. Its a quick pattern you can whip up for someone special this Christmas. (FYI.... I've just written an article for National Sewing Month with tips for sewing gifts for Christmas and I'll share the link when its published.)
  • Trying to get the family to eat their "five a day"? This Fruit Salsa is a fun way to incorporate more fruit in the family diet. I'm looking forward to making this when our weather warms up, if it ever does!
  • And while we're talking fruit (and vegetables) I love these DIY Farmers Market Produce Bags from Shabby Art Boutique. I'm going to make a heap of these for the supermarket and the farmers market. Even with a plastic ban in place, shops still offer plastic bags for certain things like fruit and vegetables so these will be perfect.
  • Have you ever crocheted a wearable? I'd love to try this Crochet Pucker Pullover from Sewrella. If I can get it to work I think I'd like one in every colour to wear during the spring/summer. I just need to find a nice yarn :)
  • I found another lovely free Christmas quilt pattern from Piece and Quilt called the Simple Forest. I love the shape of the Christmas trees and that reindeer is adorable ♥ Have fun with this one.
  • If your looking for a healthy and yummy snack to nibble on while your sewing or crocheting then give these Yogurt Bites a try. These are really yummy and to my Australian readers, you can find the beetroot powder at Chemist Warehouse.


  • Have you seen these adorable laser cut frames and brooches from Hugs and Kisses? Helen sent me a pack to play with and they had me excitedly brushing the dust from my embroidery threads and drafting a few stitcheries. I'll have more on the stitcheries soon and I'll be offering them as a freebie here on the blog :)

And that's it for another week. I hope there's something there to inspire you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. We're off to the garden centre to grab some plants for our patio. I hope you're doing something fun :)
Happy Week Ending :)

2 comments

  1. Your Sunday "Week Ending" post is always a treat to look forward to. Thanks for doing it and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline :) I do love putting these posts together and hopefully you learn a little more about me and what inspires me to create. Enjoy :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊