Week Ending (October 14)


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope this week has been kind to you. Winter decided to revisit us again and my sinus infection lingered, so energy levels have been low but I've watched lots of Netflix and read quite a bit; not the holiday we had planned but at least we rested :)
My Week Ending list this week has seven fun and inspiring links which I've had saved in my files but I haven't shared with you yet, so lets take a look:

  • When you're a creative person, there's a constant need to create. Every day offers the chance to create something, but did you know its also good for your health. Check out this great article on The Many Amazing Health Benefits of Quilting by Mayra at So Sew Easy. This applies to all crafts - its not just a hobby, your creativity is actually keeping you healthy :)
  • I love this little Pumpkin Keychain from Spin A Yarn Crochet. How cute would that look on your car keys for Halloween? You could make a few for gifts or fetes as well and the pattern is a freebie so have fun!
  • This Salted Caramel Apple Galette looks amazing. I love a soul warming, rustic looking galette and this one is delicious. I made it a few weeks ago and it was perfect with some ice cream and a sprinkling of crushed walnuts.
  • Do you have two pretty fat quarters and fifteen minutes to watch a You Tube video? You could make a Lotus Pouch for storing valuables when travelling or notions for a quilt retreat. These pouches come together in around an hour and aren't they super cute?
  • Is someone you know having a baby? Then this gorgeous Ohlala Baby Blanket may be just what you're searching for. I love this one! I love how the simple centre has been combined with those striking borders and how gorgeous are those colours? Any new mum and baby would love this one.
  • I needed a quick lunch for all the family last Saturday so I made a batch of these Baked Spinach and Mushroom Quesadilla's. They were super easy, super yummy and everyone loved them (even the non vegetarians).
  • And lastly, Kat from the Organised Housework has 13 Creative Ideas for Tin Cans. There are some fun ideas and I especially love the ones for plants. You can never have too many planter ideas.

And that's my list for another week. Its back to school for us tomorrow and its a HUGE last term. This is Cohen's last year at high school so we have a graduation to plan for, a college to enroll in, new courses to choose, plus exams, final assemblies, work experience, a big excursion and general course work and its all squeezed into the next ten weeks.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Happy Week Ending :) 

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊