Week Ending (October 28)


Happy Sunday lovely! Christmas is a little over eight weeks away so my Week Ending posts are changing tack to celebrate the upcoming silly season. Hopefully over the next month or so, I'll be able to find you some inspiring links and have you decking the halls and screaming from the rooftops that Santa Claus is coming to town :)
This week's list has lots of projects you can start making way ahead of time, so lets fa la la la la straight to it shall we:

  • For the last few years I have been using Maggie Beers Christmas Cake recipe. This cake is super moist and very easy to make. I like the addition of dried cumquat slices but if you're not a fan then substitute them with more sultanas etc. I'll be making my cake early November and I cut the first slice on Christmas Eve so the flavor of this cake really intensifies.
  • The weekends are a great time to Christmas craft with the kids and this Fabric Christmas Tree Decoration is soooo cute. You could make a few of these for the table or the tree in your favorite Christmas fabrics or fabrics to match your colour scheme. The kids will love them!
  • Oh my goodness, have you seen 3 Sisters Christmas fabric range Holly Woods? The prints are so pretty and those blues...be still my heart! If you're looking for something elegant to sew your Christmas projects with, then these might just be the perfect fabrics for you.
  • For the last three years I've had this Crochet Candy Cottage Gingerbread House on my to do list. I even purchased the yarn but every year I seem to run out of time. Maybe this year will be the year I finally crochet this cutie.
  • Fondant cake decorations can be made way ahead of time, dried out completely and then stored in an air tight container. If you're thinking of making some cake toppers this Christmas then Good to Know has 7 Festive Fondant Cake Decorations to tempt you. They are all so cute so good luck picking your favorite :)
  • Why not make a fabric Holiday Village this Christmas? These little houses are so fun and whimsical and they look quick and easy to sew. The little details are appliqued along the raw edge with black thread to achieve the sketched stitch look and you could embellish them with all your favorite trims etc. You could start a new tradition and add a new house every year.
  • And lastly, I love, love, love this Jovial Christmas Tree quilt from Moda. Its a free pattern and its so fun and pretty. Its a one block pattern so if you don't have time to make a full quilt then make a few blocks and sew a mini quilt instead.

And that's my first Christmas Week Ending list. I hope you found something fun to inspire you. You'll be seeing lots of Christmas posts from me over the next eight weeks. I have so much to share with you and I'm looking forward to giving our family A Merry Little Christmas! :)
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊