Chocolate and Almond Cookies

We had a family BBQ last weekend, and instead of cake or muffins for dessert I wanted to pack something light for the picnic basket. I could have gone with fruit or cheese and crackers, but my inner sweet tooth took over and I baked a batch of my Chocolate and Almond Cookies:


These cookies are delicious! They are a healthier option and they're packed with beautiful ingredients. There's no flour, butter or sugar just luscious almond meal, coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup, plus a generous scattering of dark chocolate chips.
They're a beautiful soft cookie and they're a little like a brownie and a cookie all in one. They're the perfect guilt free treat!


Maddi and I played around with a lot of healthier cookie options when she was living at home, and this recipe was one of her favorites. They are super quick to make and they bake in as little as eleven minutes - you can crave, bake and eat them in no time at all :)
You only need a small amount of coconut oil so its not overpowering (good for people who dislike the taste) and the maple syrup disguises it anyway giving them a soul warming flavor that dances on the taste buds.


I made this batch the day before and they are even better the next day. The recipe only makes ten medium sized cookies so they disappear quite quickly but they will store well for a few days in an air tight container.
The dark chocolate chips make them feel naughty and add a little sweetness but the almond meal is the definite hero. It gives the cookies that gorgeous texture and they're a must for die hard almond lovers like me.


If you would like to try my Chocolate and Almond Cookies you can download the recipe by clicking the link or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer for later.



I hope you bake a batch of these cookies next time your craving something lighter to have with your coffee or tea. After a heavy BBQ lunch it was nice to finish the meal with something less naughty, and everyone enjoyed them - that's the sign of a good recipe!


Happy baking :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊