DIY Burlap Napkin Rings

Hey friends! Lets have a chat about the humble napkin ring. When I decorate our table I like to create a relaxing ambiance for our family, and I use a mix of store brought decorations and a few homemade items.
I mentioned in my last post that I was playing with a new burlap project for our table, and I love how they turned out so here's my DIY Burlap Napkin Rings:


There's nothing more satisfying than a fun and easy project and these napkin rings took no time at all to make. They look perfect with my white linens, and the burlap ribbon ties in with the base of my little faux tree.
I love the natural feel of burlap and it works so well with my Christmas colours. It adds an extra texture to the place settings and it creates a rustic, homey feel around the table. These napkin rings are quick, easy and pretty darn cute.


I used a natural burlap ribbon with fringed edges, and Australian readers can find this at Spotlight in two colours - natural and bleached white. For the feature strip I used an embossed organza ribbon with a rose gold ribbon underneath to enhance the embossing. The vintage buttons came from my button collection and of course the rings are made from empty toilet rolls - there's no shortage of those in anyone's house I'm sure :)
Here's a little step by step of how I made my DIY Burlap Napkin Rings:


I cut the empty toilet rolls just slightly narrower than the width of the burlap ribbon (minus the fringe) so they are hidden from view - once you pop the napkin in you wont see them at all. I glued a strip of burlap ribbon around each roll using my new glue gun. Isn't it pretty? I got it for all the wedding prep next year :)


The next step was to add the ribbons and I hot glued the rose gold ribbon on first and then the embossed organza ribbon over the top. Just use a small amount of glue at the start and finish of each piece of ribbon so you don't see the glue through the organza and the ribbon lays softly around the rings.


And lastly I cut off the button shanks to create a flat surface, and I then glued them to the centre of the ribbon strip. Add a napkin and voila, you're done! Super simple and pretty!
Of course you can use a variety of craft items to create your own napkin rings and there's tonnes of tutorials on the internet. Instead of giving you a heap of links, I've added a new board to Pinterest to inspire you to create.


Just click on the link HERE and it will take you straight to my Christmas Napkin Ring Pinterest board. I'm sure I'll find more inspiration as time goes on, so make sure you follow my board to keep up to date.
I hope you add a little homemade to your Christmas table this year. Its the little touches that create the biggest impact and your guests will love it. ♥


Happy Christmas crafting :)

2 comments

  1. Rose, they look amazing. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim :) I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊