Week Ending (November 11)


Happy Sunday lovely! How are you spending Remembrance Day? Today marks the 100th anniversary of the Armistice which ended the First World War (1914-1918). In ceremonies around the country, Australians will observe a minutes silence at 11 am in honor of all those who fought, died or suffered for our freedom.
Today's Week Ending list is all about Christmas decorating. I've found some great ideas for your home, your tree and even your computer and phone. Here's what made my list this week:


  • Kerryanne from Shabby Art Boutique has compiled a list of 10 Handmade Shabby Christmas Wreaths and they're all available for purchase on Etsy. If you're not looking to purchase a new wreath this year, you could draw some inspiration from these lovely designs to give your own wreath a shabby face lift.
  • Are you looking for a tree skirt pattern? I love the Speedy Christmas Tree Skirt from Leah Douglas and its a freebie on the Moda Bake Shop. The trees are adorable and how cute are those little presents? It looks quick and easy and I'm sure your going to love it.


  • I've got another lovely Free Crocheted Christmas Stocking Pattern for you from Make My Day Creative. I love the Zig Zag pattern on this one and it looks so festive and cozy. Its fully lined and the tutorial looks easy to follow. Go grab your yarn stash and start crocheting.
  • This weeks recipe is all about creating the perfect Christmas scent in your home. Make Your Own Simmering Spice Potpourri will permeate your home with those wonderful Christmas aromas. She also gives you tips for making jars of this potpourri to give as gifts to friends and family. 
  • Ananbelia Craft Design has a chart only for this gorgeous Crocheted Snowflake Garland.  She has included diagrams for a couple of the stitches and the chart looks easy enough to follow. This garland would look lovely hanging on your tree or over your doorway - very pretty indeed.
  • Don't forget to decorate your desktop/laptop or phone this Christmas. Lily and Val have a lovely Free December Desktop Wallpaper for you to download and it includes one for your phone as well. I love this line from the carol O Holy Night -  it reminds us that Christmas is a time of hope.
  • And lastly, counting down the days till Christmas is the best part. When our kids were little, December was the only month they were up and out of bed without fuss just so they could open a new day on their advent calendars :) I love the simplicity of this Fun DIY Advent Calendar from Home Beautifully. There's a tutorial and some free templates and tags to get you crafting. All you need to decide is what you'll put in each envelope :)

And that's it for another week. I can't wait to start decorating our house this year. We decorate as a family on December 1st, and that's also the day I bake my first batch of Christmas cookies. I'm thinking this year I'll start with my Cinnamon and Almond Biscuits. Yummo!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊