Apricot and Marshmallow Logs

This time of year friends and family are popping in and out and I like to have something prepared to serve with a cup of coffee or tea.  My nan always made these quick and easy Apricot and Marshmallow Logs at Christmas time, and I thought it might be a great recipe to share with you.


There's nothing typically festive about these logs but if you're already over shortbread or fruit cake, then they're a great alternative to nibble on. They're packed with succulent dried apricots and squishy mini marshmallows and they're rolled in coconut. A plate of these will disappear very quickly I assure you.
They are sweet so if you're being good and watching your calories then I suggest you limit yourself to maybe one slice with a cup of coffee (or three...no judgement here).


The best part is that a batch of mixture makes three decent sized logs. They can be stored in the fridge and then sliced when you're ready to serve. You could also make them ahead of time and freeze the logs ready for your Christmas Day celebrations.
Its an inexpensive recipe with simple ingredients that will entice the little ones into the kitchen to help you bake. Just keep your eyes on those marshmallows though, no child (or adult) can resist!


If you want to gift a little home baked goodness this year, either cut them into slices and pop them into a cellophane bag or cut them into smaller logs and wrap them like bon bons. Add some curling ribbon and a pretty gift tag and share them with your neighbors and friends - they are probably tired of shortbread too!
You could make them more festive by adding some nuts, cherries or glace ginger. I personally like this combination and its something a little different for Christmas.



If you would like to give nan's Apricot and Marshmallow Logs a try, you can download the recipe by clicking the link or right click on the image below and save to your computer for later.





I hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe. Its a definite favorite in our house and it floods me with memories of Christmas's at nan's house ♥


Happy baking :)

5 comments

  1. Thanks Rose, they look yummy. Guida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guida. I hope you enjoy the recipe 😚

      Delete
  2. Any substitutions for Milk Arrowroot biscuits for your American Friends? I would love to make these, they look yummy but I can't find those biscuits here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i should think any would suffice, am betting that ginger biscuits/cookies would work well too. help even out all the sweetness from the condensed milk.

      Delete
    2. I tried to find a substitute for them on Google but all i could find were American wafers. If your wafers are like ours, I doubt they would work. Milk Arrowroot biscuits are what we call "plain" biscuits. They're not sweet and we usually give them to teething toddlers. I hope that helps you find an alternative.☺

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊