Living Coral - Pantone Colour Of The Year 2019

Good morning lovely! I'm curious to know your thoughts on Living Coral the Pantone Colour of the Year 2019. Generally I'm not influenced by things like this, but this year I feel its a colour I can really get behind. Its a gorgeous, vibrant colour and I just love the way it makes me feel.
Colour is one of our greatest gifts -  it stirs our emotions, it creates our perceptions and it encourages our playful expression. The Pantone Colour of the Year program invites us to reflect and appreciate the importance of colour in our daily lives, and to watch how it affects us mentally and creatively.

"Living Coral emits the desired, familiar, and energizing aspects of color found in nature. In its glorious, yet unfortunately more elusive display beneath the sea, this vivifying and effervescent colour mesmerizes the eye and mind. Lying at the center of our naturally vivid and chromatic ecosystem, PANTONE Living Coral is evocative of how coral reefs provide shelter to a diverse kaleidoscope of color." - Pantone website

Isn't that a beautiful way to describe a colour?
In this fast paced world of technology and social media, Living Coral takes us to the tranquil depths of the ocean floor where colour fascinates and invigorates our senses. We're more connected to social media than to our natural surroundings, and Living Coral is our reminder to reconnect - letting go of envy, comparison, guilt and competition.
Its an energising colour associated with our desired need for optimism and joyful pursuits - it really does make us calm, grounded and happy!


Hues of Living Coral gained popularity in fabric ranges last year, but I'm sure we'll be seeing lots more of it during 2019. The Pantone Colour of the Year influences the designers and the trendsetters so it will be prominent in our home décor, clothing, photography, food, hair and paint colours.
In past years there have been quilting challenges using the Pantone Colour of the Year and I have found one in the US if anyone is interested in participating:

Red Rooster Quilts is running a Customer Challenge Contest and you must purchase your fabrics from them, and submit your entry by February 1 to go into the running for prizes etc.
As I find more quilting challenges celebrating Living Coral I'll add them to my Week Ending posts to keep you informed.


I'm looking forward to using every shade of Living Coral in my quilting/crafting life this year. It works so well with reds, blues, pinks, greens, greys, yellows and fuchsias - all the colours you'd expect to see on the ocean floor.
What plans do you have for our Pantone Colour of the Year 2019? I'd love to hear :)
Happy quilting :)

2 comments

  1. Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt used coral last year and I made that quilt, so I feel I am ahead of the game. Maybe I will quilt it this year in honor of the color of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are ahead of the game Shasta. Well done 😊 I think thats a great way to honor this years colour. 😊

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊