Soleil Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Happy Friyay guys and welcome Autumn! I'm super excited to bring a little ray of sunshine to your creative world today. It's the start of a fresh new month and it's also time for me to release a new mini quilt pattern. This months it's the gorgeous Soleil, so please give her a warm welcome to my pattern family.


Doesn't she make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Soleil is the French word for sun and its gaining popularity as a baby name because it sounds exotic and it evokes images of a warm and sunny demeanour - I wonder if the parents still think this during a temper tantrum? ;)
I just love the name and I think it suits this mini quilt perfectly - its definitely brought some sunshine into my sewing room, and now that autumn is finally here we will see less and less of the sun.


Soleil is a paper pieced mini quilt pattern, and she finishes at around 14" square so she's perfect for your lamp or side table but she'll also look stunning on your mini quilt wall. She's quick and easy to construct with large templates (yay no fiddly pieces) and she would look amazing in any fabric combination.
I used the gorgeous Pepper and Flax fabrics from Corey Yoder - the prints in this line are just so delicate and pretty, and they make such a gorgeous quilt.


Soleil has that warm summery feel but she's also giving off a lot of autumn vibes, which I think is perfect. Its going to look pretty on my hall table and I'm going to style it up with some old botanical books and some faux plants which seem to be all the rage these days.
Some one asked me a few weeks ago what I do with all my mini quilts - I love decorating with them and some make the mini quilt wall, some are used on lamp tables, side tables, bedside tables etc. and some are gifted (or "stolen" as soon as mum or Maddi see them). I like to switch them around as the seasons change as they give an instant facelift to small areas of the house.


I think mini quilts are fun, no matter how you use them - there is less commitment than a full sized quilt, they're a quick finish when your sewing mojo is low and they're a great way to try new fabric combinations without making a huge investment.
The Soleil PDF pattern comes complete with full step by step instructions and diagrams to make construction quick and easy. There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to piecing, and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers.
I've also included swatches of the fabrics I used to help with fabric selection, and the paper piecing templates are shaded to make piecing easier.


If you would like to make your own version of my Soleil mini quilt, from today until the end of March 2019 PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in both of my shops:



Simply click the appropriate shop link to select how you wish to purchase your copy of the Soleil Mini Quilt PDF Pattern.
And don't forget to send me a picture or tag me on social media when you finish your Soleil mini quilt - I love seeing what you make from my patterns.
I hope Soleil brings a little sunshine to your day and to your sewing room :)


Happy quilting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊