Week Ending (May 26)

Happy Sunday creative peeps! How's your week been? I've been spot firing on projects all week and trying to get our son organised for his first interstate trip without us. He's off to Melbourne with his college class visiting museums and galleries etc. and we're going to be empty nesters for a few days :( Their itinerary is jam packed so I doubt he'll have time to miss us - meanwhile we're gunna miss him like crazy!
I have seven wonderful projects for you this week, so grab a cuppa and prepare to be inspired:

  • The Cathedral Window is a gorgeous quilt block and even though it looks complicated it can be made by any quilter. I found this great tutorial from Christina at Sometimes Crafter and she has a list of links at the bottom to give you even more help and inspiration. Plus check out the quilt just under the links - sooooo gorgeous!
  • There were so many amazing new fabric lines released at quilt market but did you see Something Borrowed from Christopher @ The Tattooed Quilter? These fabrics look stunning and are releasing in July! Keep a look out for this range, its so pretty.


  • Daisy Farm Crafts have some adorable crocheting patterns and my new favorite is this Crochet Bobble Lines Baby Blanket. You could make it really scrappy and use up some leftover yarns or choose a colour scheme to compliment a nursery. Love it!
  • I love a good carrot cake and Sally's My Favorite Carrot Cake Recipe looks amazing. She gives you lots of tips on mastering the art of a moist cake and includes tips for the perfect cream cheese frosting. Yum yum yummm!
  • Jenny from Missouri Quilt Company has the prettiest patterns and her Antique Lace Quilt is simply stunning. This would make a great stash busting quilt. Jenny has a free tutorial for using precuts to make this quilt quick and easy...and stunning.



  • I'm in awe of this Phoenix Blanket pattern from Hooked on Sunshine. This is a free crochet pattern and aren't those colours amazing? I love patterns like this because you learn so many new techniques as you work. This has made my must make list for sure.
  • And lastly one more fabric line from Quilt Market that I fell in love with was Scarlet and Sage from Fig Tree Co. This one doesn't come out until November but it will be worth the wait. The quilts I saw in this range were absolutely stunning, especially this Crochet Quilt. Gorgeous! 

And that's it for another week. I hope there was something there to spark that creative bug within you. I've got a new mini quilt pattern coming out next week (Friday) and I can't wait to share this one with you. Its a design I've wanted to add to my pattern family for ages and I think you're going to love it.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊