(Week Ending (June 30)


Happy Sunday guys! What a cold week its been here in Tasmania - frosty mornings resulting in freezing cold days and even chillier evenings. Its been perfect sewing weather though and I've made reasonable progress on the wedding quilt (I'm waiting on fabric deliveries so I can keep going).
This quilt is all paper pieced and I'm using my favorite Bonnie and Camille fabrics, but I cant show you anything because Madeline reads my blog (move along Maddi, nothing to see here!)
One of the links I'm sharing today came at just the right time because I'm considering doing a scallop border for this quilt and a tutorial popped up in my feed - is that coincidence or is big brother listening? Hmmm! ;)
Here's this week's list of inspiring links:

  • First up is the Scalloped Border tutorial. There are two links in this post - one for binding scallops and the second for marking the scallops. They are both from Heather Mulder Peterson and I love her tutorials, she gives clear concise instructions and lots of examples for inspiration. I'm hoping I can make this work on the wedding quilt.
  • Golden syrup and winter go hand in hand and this Nanna's Golden Syrup Custard Cake is my must try recipe this week. I need something for a girls movie night and this cake ticks all the boxes for me - lets hope the girls love it too!
  • When this Lovelace Crochet Shawl pattern popped up on Facebook I had to grab a copy for my files. Its elegant and simple and is currently being offered for free. I'm not sure how long this offer will last so grab your copy now!



  • This Crochet Dog Bandana looks pretty cute - I think our Maremma, Pip, would love wearing one of these, it will make the neighbourhood dogs jealous ;) Its a free pattern and it all looks pretty easy. This is a must make for your four legged best friend. 
  • I'm sharing this next link for two reasons - first, how cute is this Honey Bun Fabric Banner? Its a quick and easy project for Halloween and pretty adorable. The second reason I'm sharing this link is the fabric. All Hallows Eve from Fig Tree fabrics is one of the nicest Halloween fabric ranges I've ever seen. Its the perfect shade of orange and the greys and blacks are stunning. I can not wait for this range to hit Australian shores...I want, I want, I want!
  • Lisa from  A Spoonful of Sugar released a darling Bath Time Buddies pattern using the new Tilda fabrics Plum Garden. These are so sweet and the kids would love them. It is a paid pattern and as with all of Lisa's patterns, well worth the investment.



  • And finally, zipper pouches are every crafters best friend and this Dotti Denim Pouch Pattern from Just Jude Designs is a great way to upcycle some old jeans. I love the shape of this pouch and it would be nice and sturdy due to the denim. Definitely a pattern to look at if you love zipper pouches, and while you're in her Etsy shop make sure you check out her other patterns as well.

And that's it for another week - lots of fun projects to keep your hands, minds and hearts busy. I've got a new mini quilt pattern coming out tomorrow (you're going to love it) and Tuesday I'll share my booklist for June (I read some amazing books this month) plus I'm starting a new monthly blog feature which I'm super excited about... so stay tuned!


Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊