Week Ending (June 9)


Happy Sunday creative peeps! How's your week been? I hope its been a kind one.  We've had a week of hearty soups, spicy casseroles, snuggly blankets and quilts, hot chocolates and movies, and scarves, hats, mittens and thick coats - winter is here for sure! Brrrrrr! I don't want to leave the house until Spring. ;)
Its been another week of inspiring creativity across the internet, so lets have a look at seven projects that made the top of my must make/try list:

  • First up, is the Countdown To Christmas book release from Susan Ache. I follow Susan on Instagram and her photos inspire me everyday. She's not only super talented but she's super sweet too, and she's very encouraging and supportive to all quilters. She has twelve amazing quilts in this book and I think I'd display them all year round, they are so pretty. This book is a must have for your collection.
  • Amanda from Loops and Love Crochet released a new free pattern for this gorgeous Butterfly Amigurumi and I'm in love. They're super sweet and they look very easy to crochet - no tiny limbs or pieces. I'm keeping this one in my files to crochet for gifts, they would add a homemade touch to a basket of baby items or something sweet to gift with a gorgeous picture book to a toddler. 


  • If you'd prefer to use fabric then Michelle at Creative Blonde has a step by step tutorial for these stunning Origami Butterflies using two 4 1/2" x 6" rectangles. You could use these as embellishments for cushions or bags or just add them to gifts for something special. 
  • My boys need extra fuel in their lunchboxes when its cold so I'm going to give these Citrus and Poppy Seed Melting Moments a try. This is a classic flavour combination and so refreshing on the palette. It will be a nice treat to have with their afternoon coffee or hot chocolate.
  • Succulents are very popular at the moment but have you considered some faux ones in a planter? This Desert Rose Cone Planter is perfect for faux succulents or air plants and it will bring the outdoors inside without the fuss of watering/fertilizing etc. A few of these hanging in a sunroom or hallway would add a little greenery to your home.


  • This Caroling Quilt is layer cake friendly and pretty darn cute as well. Its a free pattern on the Moda Bake Shop website and its a perfect way to use those layer cakes we tend to hoard. I love this combination of simple blocks and you could make this as scrappy as you'd like. A great pattern to keep in your files to whip up a quick and easy quilt.
  • And lastly, I'm loving this Crochet Velvet Berries Throw from Daisy Farm Crafts. It looks so snuggly and warm and its made using Bernat Baby Velvet yarn - not sure I can get that here in Australia but I will try. Its a repeat pattern so once you've mastered those first few rows you're good to go! 

And that's my list for another week. I hope you found some projects to get you creating. I'm off to enjoy the rest of my weekend with the boys - we have a long weekend here so there's an extra day to play chess, watch movies and stay out of the cold.
I'm also working on a quilty sewing machine cover for my Brother VQ300 and I hope to show you that next week with a few tips and tricks for making your own cover - stay tuned!
Until then, enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Happy Week Ending :)

2 comments

  1. Beautiful blog, thanks for the mention and link to my blog regarding the origami butterfly 🦋 ☀ 🦋

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊