Week Ending (July 28)



Happy Sunday guys! How's your week been? Thank you so much for the warm response you gave all of my Classic Quilt Block posts this month. This series reminded me of a school project, and yes I was that nerdy kid who got all excited when the teacher announced the beginning of a new project. I love researching and gathering information and trying to anticipate everything you might need to know about the block.

I'm looking forward to doing it all again next month - if you receive my newsletter tomorrow you'll be the first to know which block I picked to feature during August!  I'm sharing this block in a few different ways next month and the first post comes out August 9, so stay tuned!

It was another busy and creative week around the net so lets see what inspired me this week:

  • First up is the Fabric Dog Collar from Woodberry Way and you can make one of these in under ten minutes! Your pooch would love one and they would make great gifts for pet lovers at Christmas or school fetes etc. Its a very well written tutorial with lots of photos and tips to help you out!
  • Daisy Farm Crafts have another gorgeous pattern available using the Bernat Velvet. I love this Crochet Ribbed Diamond Blanket. It looks so cuddly and warm and the pattern is stunning. These girls make the nicest baby blankets, go check them all out!



  • My must try recipe this week are these Peanut Butter Brownies from I Heart Naptime. Yummo! Our daughter turns 25 on Thursday and this is her two true loves combined in one dessert! She's going to love them and I'll earn mummy brownie points (pardon the pun!)
  • Are you thinking about Christmas yet? Its never too early to start making projects and Amy from a Diary of a Quilter has a guest post from Amy of Ameroonie Designs for a gorgeous Hand Stitched Christmas Ornament. There is one free pattern in this tutorial and then you can buy the matching set in Amy's Etsy shop. So fun!
  • Pillow Talk is the new book from Edyta Star of Laundry Basket Quilts and she designs the most gorgeous projects. The book includes 25 patterns and each and every one of them are stunning. The Fat Quarter Shop are taking preorders now and the book is due to be releasing in September 2019.



  • We all need a little extra storage in our sewing spaces and I love this Maker's Box from Creative Industry. There's a free step by step tutorial and all the information you need to make one or three for yourself.
  • And finally, The Stitchin Mommy is hosting a Scarf of the Month Club and one of the patterns for July is the Eden Cowl. It looks easy to crochet and there's a free tutorial plus if you sign up, you'll receive all the club information.

And that's it for another week. Next week I have a new mini quilt pattern to release plus I'll share what I've been reading this month and my first newsletter should hit your email boxes tomorrow - just check your spam or junk folder if it doesn't arrive!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)




Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊