Coconut Bread

As soon as the cooler weather arrives, I'm excited because its porridge season - I love a big bowl of creamy porridge, blueberries or raspberries, honey or maple syrup, coconut flakes or almond slivers and sweet dukkah for breakfast. It's my favorite meal but after a few months I start to crave something different each morning.

A couple of months ago a girlfriend sent me a recipe for Coconut Bread and I instantly became obsessed - it's really, really yummy!


I've made loaf after loaf of this healthy bread to alternate with my steaming bowls of porridge. I cut it up and freeze slices, so I always have some on hand when I get the craving.

It's delicious served warm straight from the oven smeared with chia jam or toasted with some fresh fruit, nuts and honey or maple syrup. Its full of healthy ingredients and it keeps me full during those busy mornings when I need all the energy I can get.


It's packed with flavor and its quite a moist loaf - some healthy loaf and cake recipes can taste like cardboard, but this Coconut Bread is not one of them. I'm a fan of the wholemeal flour but if its not your thing then use white self raising flour instead or try some coconut flour to really enhance that flavor.

There's desiccated coconut in the bread but it's also topped with those gorgeous coconut flakes which toast and crisp up as the loaf cooks, yum yum yum! There's also manuka honey, cinnamon and the nutty flavor of the almond milk to make this bread a pocket rocket of flavor.


Its super easy to prepare and there's no need for any fancy equipment - a quick throw everything into the bowl and mix recipe. I like recipes like this because it means less clean up as well. ;)

Here's a tip for your regarding the honey. Before you decant your honey into a measuring cup, lightly spray the cup with cooking oil and then add the honey. Your honey will slide from the cup easily and you won't have a sticky, messy cup at clean up time. :)


A generous smearing of jam is a must and I used a beautiful homemade jam I brought at the farmers market for these photos, but if you want to make your own chia jam then simply:

  • Soak 1 tablespoon of chia seeds in 2 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes.
  • Add one cup raspberries and the chia seed mix to a small food processor and blitz until well combined.
  • Spoon into an airtight container or glass jar and store in the fridge for 3-4 days. 

I enjoy this chia jam in Greek yoghurt as well so it doesn't last very long in our fridge. ;)


If you're like me and you're looking for something different for breakfast a few times a week then you really must try this Coconut Bread. You can download the free recipe card by simply clicking on the link or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer.



I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do (and my girlfriend). It's a yummy alternative to your morning porridge or cereal and its a little fancier than a piece of toast. Enjoy! :)


Happy baking :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊