Week Ending - December 29


Happy Sunday guys! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and spent some quality time with your loved ones. Our family Christmas was very relaxed and so much fun - love my family, I didn't want the day to end!

Christmas has been packed away and I'm giving my sewing room a huge clean ready for 2020. It wont stay clean and organised for long, but that's OK! Creative mind, messy workspace, right? ;)

New Years Eve is super close so I thought I'd share so links to make your celebrations special. Let's see what I found:

  • Jamielyn from I Heart Naptime has some great ideas for Fruit and Vegetable Platters. These are crowd pleasers and you can use whatever ingredients you like. I love making grazing platters and you can nibble on them all night while you celebrate with friends and family.
  • She also has a recipe for and Easy Holiday Sangria Mocktail. This looks amazing and super easy to make - add this one to your list as well.
  • Make your own Happy New Year Banner with some pretty wrapping paper. You can personalise this any way you want - great creative! The kids will love to help and it looks pretty cute too.




  • The kids will also love these DIY Party Hats and Blowers from A Moms Take This should keep them busy while they wait for the celebrations to start and you only need a few basic supplies to get started.
  • How about a DIY Time Capsule. With one decade ending it might be fun to gather family mementos to bury and open and the end of the next decade. This post shares lots of tips and ideas to help you make your own.
  • Make a New Years Resolution to use your skills to give to those in need and join the Said With Love Charity Sewing for 2019/2020. There are lots of ways to help and all the details are in the post. 
  • CGOA also has a list of Crochet For Charity listings and there are so many there that need help. They include the items that are most needed so you can pick and decide how much time you can spare.

You can also Google charities to find something in your area or more suited to your crafting skills.

And that's it for this week! My last post for the year will be on Tuesday and I'm sharing the books I read during December.

Thanks to everyone who took my newsletter poll. I have a better idea of what you want to see in 2020 and I'm excited - more on that soon!

Enjoy your New Years celebrations and all the best for 2020! :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

4 comments

  1. Hello, love Your Blog! The Poinsettia Mini Quilt is so neat ! Have a Great 2020 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! All the best for you and your family during 2020 too :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Rose, wishing you & your family a happy healthy 2020 with many blessings.
    Have really enjoyed your newsletter, Thankyou, but for some reason your letter was sent to spam, just thought I would let you know. Kind Regards Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Sue and all the best for 2020. :)
      I do announce when the emails are going out so people can check if it goes to spam. I don't know why it happens but if you mark it "not spam" the next one should be fine, I think - all too technical for me sometimes, things should just work properly ;)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊