Week Ending - January 12

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had a creative week. I've been sewing a few test blocks for some scrappy quilts I hope to make this year. From the newsletter survey results, it looks like the majority of you want a scrappy stash busting quilt along in 2020 - your wish is my command lovelies, I'm working on it! :)

Let's have a look at the projects I found and loved, from around the net this week:

  • During 2020, Anorina from Samelia's Mum is talking about Conquering Quilty Fears and for January she is focusing on improv quilting. This is a great way to get everyone talking and supporting each other as we attempt techniques we may not feel confident about or know how to do. Go check it out!
  • I love mayo on just about everything, and this whole egg mayonnaise was my all time favorite. I say was because I tried the Avocado Mayo from Katie at Chocolate Covered Katie and it instantly sky rocketed to top spot. Try it on toast with some wilted spinach and a poached egg... oh my yumminess!



  • Have you seen the Dahlia Blanket CAL yet. It has already started and this blanket is another masterpiece from Lucy at Attic 24. Her creations are colourful, clever and super fun to crochet. I've ordered some yarn for this one and I'll start when the nights are a little cooler.
  • We're a sinus and hayfever suffering family and these Soothing DIY Eucalyptus Shower Melts might be an alternative to harsh medications. They look easy to make and will be helpful during the winter cold and flu season as well.
  • I love the Bud Bouquet Quilt from Missouri Star Quilt Company. There's a video tutorial to help you sew this quilt, and it looks easy so you'll have your own beautiful version in no time at all. Love the colour palette they've used too!
  • The Coil and Crochet Rainbow Baskets from My Poppet Makes will add some colourful storage to your crafting space. You crochet over cord to give the basket stability and its a technique I'd love to try. I'm adding this one to my list.



  • Do you knit? This Chunky Duo-Color Dotty Beanie from All About Ami Crochet has me itching to get the needles out. I love this beanie so much and those subtle colour changes look so pretty. Off to find the right yarn for this project.

And that's it for another week. There's so wonderful projects there to inspire you.

Next week on the blog I'm sharing a cake recipe I'm obsessing over right now plus its Week Two of my Bow Tie Classic Quilt Blocks series and its tutorial week - grab your scraps and sew a bunch of these gorgeous blocks with me!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊