Gemma Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew. They're a fast finish with less commitment, and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


Hello lovely! February is off and running, even if we're not quite ready for it - at least we get an extra day this month, right?  Hooray for leap years! I'm grateful for an extra twenty-four hours!

It's time for me to add a new mini quilt pattern to my collection, and this month it's the stunning Gemma. Isn't she lovely? I really enjoyed working on this little beauty - she's such a sweetheart and a fun way to show off some pretty fabrics.


I used Pepper and Flax fabrics from Corey Yoder, and the colour palette of this range works so well in our home. The greys and charcoals are gorgeous, and the yellows, greens and oranges add a pop of colour which makes decorating fun.

Gemma would look stunning in any colour palette, so grab your favorite florals, pastels, batiks or solids and create a mini quilt that makes you smile.

I've included a colouring sheet in the PDF pattern so you can play around with combinations before you commit to sewing. They're also good for keeping the kids/grandkids busy while you sew, so print up a few to keep the kiddo's busy. :)


Gemma is a foundation paper pieced pattern, and she finishes at around 14" square. The sections are generous in size and easy to paper piece, so this design is suitable for all quilting levels.

The PDF pattern includes full sized FPP templates so you can print and start creating straight away. They are shaded with the colours I used for my quilt to help you with fabric placement.

I've also included step by step instructions and diagrams to make sewing your version of Gemma easy and fun, plus I've added a few tips I think might be useful to you as you sew your quilt.


Gemma is a great weekend project, and you'll have her hanging on your mini quilt wall in no time at all. I've also included optional instructions in the PDF pattern for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers, so you can proudly display her anywhere you want.

I'm using my Gemma mini quilt on our hallway table. I switch my mini's around all the time, and I like to add different pops of colour to certain rooms. It's an easy way to refresh a space, and a fun way to use your mini quilts.


The name Gemma means gem or jewel, and I think this mini quilt is very precious indeed. She's going to shine brightly in an array of fabrics, and she's very eye catching.

If you would like to sew your own version of my Gemma mini quilt, from today until the end of February, PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable in my Etsy shop. Simply click the link below to make your purchase.


Don't forget I love to see what you make using my designs, so send me a photo of your Gemma mini quilt, tag me on social media or use the hashtag #gemmaminiquilt and I'll pop over and have a look. Your work could be featured in my monthly newsletter, and I've decided to give a little surprise to my featured Reader's Project maker each month, so don't be shy...show me what you've made with any of my patterns!

Have fun with Gemma and I hope she brings a smile to your day - she sure does to mine!


Happy quilting :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊