Hummingbird Cupcakes

Super soft, deliriously delicious and very easy to make. These Hummingbird Cupcakes will be a hit at your next family gathering or craft day!


No one can resist a yummy cupcake! They're light, fluffy, moist and delicious and they make everything right with the world.  They're my favorite things to bake and eat, and I'm pretty sure someone forgot to put them on the food pyramid - am I right? ;)

These Hummingbird Cupcakes are probably the quickest and easiest cupcakes you'll ever bake, and they're super soft, deliriously delicious and a plate full of these will vanish in no time at all.


Filled with banana, pineapple and coconut and topped with smooth cream cheese icing, they're miniature versions of the classic Hummingbird Cake without all the fuss. It's a one bowl recipe for the cupcake, but you will need the electric mixer for the cream cheese icing.

I top them with a sprinkling of toasted coconut flakes because it intensifies that gorgeous coconut flavor, and it makes the cupcakes look pretty (which is the most important thing, right?). I throw the flakes into the oven for a few minutes and toast them up, tossing them ever minute or so. Keep an eye on them though, they toast quickly!


My recipe will make nine large cupcakes or twelve medium sized cupcakes - can you guess which ones I make the most? Go big or go home! ;) I use the larger patty liners if I'm baking for the family, and I'll either double the recipe or use the medium liners for parties or get togethers.

In my oven, these cupcakes take exactly twenty minutes to bake and you'll be rewarded with light, fluffy, moist cupcakes no one can resist.


I'm usually prefer buttercream on my cupcakes because you can get out the icing nozzles and decorate them all fancy, but I really love the extra flavor the cream cheese icing brings to these Hummingbird Cupcakes.

I spread it on with a palette icing knife and be generous, this stuff is seriously yummy!


I made this batch for my crafting girls, and let's just say more eating than crafting was done! I love sharing food with friends, and an afternoon chatting with projects sitting idly in our laps was obviously what we needed - the cupcakes just made it even better!

If you would like to try my Hummingbird Cupcakes recipe then simply click on the link to download the recipe or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer for later:



I hope you enjoy this Hummingbird Cupcakes recipe and if you're looking for some other yummy cupcake recipes then try some of my other favorites:



Happy baking :)
email signature

2 comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊