Week Ending - February 16

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week was full of romance, love and time with someone special. I'm a hopeless romantic, hubby not so much, so we kinda balance each other out. ;) We still hold hands where ever we go, sneak kisses in public, spend ever moment we can together, talk on the phone at least once a day, plan the rare date night (we'd rather stay home in our jammies) and we say I love you every chance we get - best 35 years of my life that's for sure :)

Of course it's not all roses and love hearts, but having someone you love by your side gives you the strength, perspective and the will to keep ploughing on through the tough times in life!

I've found some wonderful projects for you this week, so grab a coffee and be ready to be inspired:

  • You must read the article This Woman is on a Mission to Teach Sewing Across the Country. Sarah is super inspiring and she travels through New Zealand, teaching sewing and selling repurposed items. There's links to her blog, shop and Instagram account so make sure you follow her journey. I wonder if Les would agree to something like that in our retirement? :)
  • I'm always on the look out for patterns as challenging and intricate as the Sophie CAL, and I finally found one I love. The stunning Sacred Space CAL from Helen Shrimpton looks amazing and it is a free pattern which is super generous. I've filed the patterns until later but I really want to start it now! 
  • This week's must try recipe are the Zucchini, Haloumi and Herb Tarts. My boys would eat meat three meals a day, so I try to tempt them with one vegetarian meal a week and this one looks yummy! I love, love, love haloumi, so I'm hoping this recipe is a winner!
  • The Perfectly Pretty Patchwork book by Kristine Czepuryk looks delightful. There's sixteen projects to tempt you and I've seen a few on the book tour and they are so sweet. If your looking for smaller projects to work on, this book is definitely for you!



  • My embroidery loving readers will love this Raising Up The Daisy Stitch Tutorial from Mary Corbet. The padding give the daisy a 3D effect and adds extra texture to your stitching. There's step by step photos to show you her process and it looks super cute!
  • Our weekly craft group has started up again now schools back, so I was looking for a quick and easy gift idea I could crochet in multiples to give to the girls. These Crochet Cotton Face Scrubbies were just what I was searching for. They are fun to crochet and you'll have a batch ready in no time. 
  • And finally, I love Amy Sinabaldi fabric and her new fabric range Mayfair is to die for. I love the colour palette of this range, especially the mustard. I'm dreaming up new ideas for this range and I think you'll love it too!

That's it for another week. I hope you found something new to create.

Next week on the blog I'm discussing quilting threads and how to choose what's right for you, and in my Classic Quilt Blocks series I'm sharing lots of Nine Patch quilty inspiration. So fun!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊