Spring Breeze Block Pattern for FaveQuilts

Nothing says Spring more than pretty pinwheels dancing in the breeze, and in a quilt block they create amazing movement and wonder. Try my new free block pattern Spring Breeze, now available on the FaveQuilts website!


My friends at FaveQuilts invited me to contribute a block for their new Quilt Block Club, and I jumped at the chance to work with them again.  They're such a great team and so encouraging and supportive to their designers and feature writers.

The Quilt Block Club is part of National Quilting Month and the first issue releases on March 21st. There's going to be lots of weekly patterns shared throughout the year and you can subscribe to the club HERE.

The brief was simple - a 12" finished block using HST's in spring inspired fabric. My contribution is the gorgeous Spring Breeze block.


Nothing says Spring more than pretty pinwheels dancing in the breeze, and by now you know how much I adore the simple pinwheel block.  Spring Breeze incorporates four basic pinwheels in the corners of the block and one in the centre, which is elongated with extra HST units, creating movement and wonder in this gorgeous quilt block.

Can you image these pinwheels spinning in the cool Spring breeze? I can!


The block is constructed using the four HST's at a time method which makes it quick and easy to sew. Each HST unit finishes at 2" so the units are manageable for all quilting levels - no fiddly sewing. You can read more about this method of sewing HST's HERE and there's a chart for you to use for other sizes as you're sewing different blocks.

For my spring palette I chose a few of the Arbor Blossom fabrics from Nadra Ridgeway, and they brought my Spring Breeze block to life in such a pretty way. I love them!


Spring Breeze is now a free block pattern on the FaveQuilts website and I strongly urge you to go over and visit. This site is packed with gorgeous patterns, well written articles and so much inspiration. Make sure you sign up for their newsletter as well, so you don't miss anything.

You can find my Spring Breeze pattern HERE including a step by step photo tutorial and a PDF pattern for you to download.

And they've created a profile page for me in their Quilt Designer Hub which is so exciting. From now on, every time I contribute a project it will be added to my page so you can find all of my patterns in the one place. You can find the hub page HERE.


This block was such a delight to create and I hope it brings a little bit of Spring to your quilting projects. I love the movement the pinwheels create in this block, and I think it is a gorgeous way to celebrate Spring! :)

I hope you enjoy sewing Spring Breeze and I'd love to see how you use this block so send me some photos. Enjoy :)


Happy quilting :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. I just love your site the patterns are so beautiful and Ienjoyed reading all the patterns and recipees! ANN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I'm so glad to have you here. Hopefully they'll be lots more inspiration over the coming months to enjoy too! :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊