Primrose Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment, and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


I'm super excited about this month's new mini quilt pattern. It's something a little different for me, and I'm so in love with this design and colour palette. Please let me introduce you to the gorgeous Primrose.

Isn't she stunning? I just love how soft and calming this mini quilt is, and I think we need that more than ever, right?  Those pretty primroses float about the quilt and they might be simple but they sure are pretty!


Quick story to tell you about this quilt. A few months ago, I was in line at Spotlight and the woman in front of me had a stack of bed linen and décor for her newly renovated bedroom. Her colour palette included light greys, creams, tans, whites, soft raspberry and a little green (a nice green, if you know what I mean). Her haul felt so calming and we ended up chatting about her décor plans.

On the drive home my head was churning with possibilities and instead of redecorating our bedroom, Primrose came to life!


I raided my old fabrics for this mini quilt - some of these are remnants of my country fabric days from almost 14 years ago! I've been slowly using them for quilt backings or test blocks, but to use them in a mini quilt was exciting.

I added a light grey and white solid to the palette and I just love the end result.  Originally, I'd drafted up this design with bright florals in mind, which would still be stunning, but this softer palette makes me feel happy right now. I've included a colouring sheet in the PDF pattern so you can choose your own fabric/colour palette before committing to sew.


Primrose is a 16" square foundation paper piecing pattern and it's constructed in four blocks. The primroses are constructed the same, but the angles which tilt the blocks are different according to the solid background.

Each Primrose block finishes at around 8" so the pieces are easy to paper piece and I have a few tips of joining FPP units together in a tutorial HERE if you need any extra help.


Hubby loves this mini quilt so much he's requested I sew a larger one for our bed - maybe, but I am sewing another mini so I can use them both on our bedside tables. It's encouraging when you try something a little different and your family love it, isn't it? And the possibility of redecorating our bedroom in this palette may become a reality after Covid 19 disappears.

The Primrose PDF pattern includes full step by step instructions and diagrams, full sized FPP templates and lots of tips to help you sew your mini quilt. I've also included optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers to help you display your quilt on your mini wall.


If you would like to sew your own version of my Primrose mini quilt, PDF patterns are available in my Etsy shop and until the end of April 2020 they are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable. Simply click on the link below to purchase your copy:


I hope you enjoy sewing Primrose. I think she's pretty special and I'd love to see how you interpret this pattern. Make sure you send me a photo or tag me on social media so I can come by and have a look.  You could be featured in next month's newsletter and win yourself a copy of May's mini quilt pattern. Have fun!


Happy quilting :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊