Week Ending - April 26

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How's your week been? I've had a busy one working on lots of stuff behind the scenes that I'll share with you later. For the first time in months my inbox is empty (YAY!) and it gives you such a motivation boost, doesn't it? - the clutter has gone and it's time to create!

We're finally on track with this working/schooling from home gig, and lockdown hasn't been that bad. I miss seeing Maddi and Michael, and mum and dad, but I also missing wandering around my hometown during Autumn. It's my favorite time of year and the parks are always full of crunchy leaves and gorgeous colour and I can't see any of it - of course I'm glad we're all doing our part to flatten the curve and stay safe and healthy at home instead! What are you missing during lockdown?

I've found some wonderful projects for you this week, so let's go:

  • First up, have you seen the gorgeous American Legacy fabrics from Dani Mogstad? Wow these are stunning and perfect for all your patriotic quilts and projects. The prints in this range are darling and there's florals, geometrics, plains and more. So pretty!



  • I love this Mini Crochet Curly Rose pattern from Anabelia Craft Design. These would be perfect to adorn your Mother's Day gifts, pincushions, headbands and a tonne of other projects. It's a free pattern and a great yarn buster!
  • How about a chocolate treat this week? This Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake from Half Baked Harvest has me salivating - just the mere mention of espresso really ;) You only need a few staple pantry ingredients and away you go! Yummo! And if you're looking for wines to pair with your cakes during lockdown then check out 13 Cake and Wine Pairings article from Zola. There's a printable as well so you can keep them in your files for reference.
  • Mama In A Stitch has this gorgeous Diagonal Diamonds Woven Throw Crochet pattern on her site as a freebie. I love the classic look of this throw and it looks so snuggly. The chunky yarn makes it work up quickly and the repetitive pattern is great for beginners. There's a video to help you out as well.



  • She Can Sew has a How to Sew a Wash Bag tutorial and this would be helpful for washing face masks, lingerie or swimwear. It's a step by step photo tutorial including a link to DIY Face Masks, if you need one. 
  • Beginner quilters will love this The Best Beginner Quilt Patterns post from Suzy Quilts - hey, even the seasoned quilters will too! There's six quick and easy patterns to get you started and Suzy gives wonderful, clear instructions to help you succeed.
  • We all love a clean, fresh smelling house and this Lemon Mint Stove Top Potpourri might be just what you need while you're all home in lockdown. I've had the diffuser pumping 24/7, but I love a stove top potpourri and I'm going to give this a try next week.

And that's it for another week. I hope you found a new project or two to inspire you this week.

Next week on the blog, I have a new mini quilt pattern for you plus a little handmade Mother's Day gift inspiration. Lots to share!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe, happy and healthy!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Thank you of your weekly list, I always look forward to it. Things I am missing are my monthly book group, visits to my favourite second hand book shop, having my family over, and fish and chip takeaways. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully things will go back to some sort of normal, sooner rather than later Kay. It feels selfish saying I miss things, but I really do and I know I'll appreciate them more when I can do them again :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊