Caramel Cornflake Cookies

Take a trip down memory lane with my Caramel Cornflake Cookie recipe. Simple pantry ingredients and a melt and mix method, make this recipe quick and easy and hard to resist! 


Do you remember Cornflake Cookies? I think we all fell in love with those crunchy, sticky treats our mums baked back in the day. There are lots of different variations of this recipe, but my Caramel Cornflake Cookie recipe is my absolute favorite.

I had a bit of a craving for these cookies, so I had to bake a batch. Well that's not entirely true! The supermarket had a huge stack of Cornflake boxes at the end an aisle, and me who lacks willpower, looked at them and thought....cookies! ;)


I love recipes that use pantry staples and these cookies couldn't be simpler. They're quick, easy and lots of fun to bake - the kids will love getting their hands all sweet and sticky!

This recipe includes chopped walnuts, but it's so forgiving you can substitute them with whatever you want - maybe some dried fruits, chocolate chips or a different nut etc. There's a sprinkling of coconut which works so well with the Cornflakes, and of course lots of wonderful caramel flavour.


Look at all that delicious golden crunchiness! They are gooey and relatively soft, but it's the crunch that makes these cookies special.

Recipes like this are great for school bake sales or fundraisers, because people remember them from their childhood and take a batch home. They're also great for parties or to pack in the lunch box or picnic basket.


It's a melt and throw together kind of recipe, and once everything is incorporated, you'll notice it's quite a wet mixture. Spoon twelve mounds onto your baking trays and shape them into cookie shapes before baking. I bake mine for ten minutes and then leave them to cool and firm up on the trays before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.

They might spread a little during the cooking time, but that just adds a little rustic charm and character. :)


I must thank the supermarket for stacking those Cornflake boxes right where I couldn't miss them. I had no idea I even wanted cookies until I saw them - I'm their target customer, the impulse buyer! ;)

If you would like to give my Caramel Cornflake Cookies recipe a try, then simply click the link to download the recipe card or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer:




I hope you enjoy baking and eating these Caramel Cornflake Cookies. I think they're the only way to eat Cornflakes - I'm not a fan of soggy flakes drowning in the cereal bowl.

Make a batch today and take some time for yourself with a nice cup of tea and a cookie or two. Enjoy!


Happy baking :)
email signature

3 comments

  1. Do you really use caster sugar & desiccated coconut?? Say, no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm yeh! :) I answered your Instagram message too, so hopefully you're good to go!

      Delete
  2. Sounds gorgeous and simple too! can't wait to try it out :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊