Week Ending - May 5

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!



Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been kind!

This week I've been preparing a celebration for my husband's 60th birthday! To me, he'll always be the mischievous, fun loving 21-year-old I fell in love with. We've lived a lot of life together, raised two amazing children and been blessed with two grandchildren who keep us young. I can't wait to celebrate this milestone with him next week, and although we may be slower, creakier and tire out easily, we're going to party like he's 21! Happy birthday baby!

I did find you some wonderful projects this week, so let's go:

  • Tonight's dinner is Mujadara using Ela Vegan's recipe. This Middle Eastern recipe combines lentils, rice and caramelised onions and it looks perfect for a cold autumn Sunday night dinner. It looks simple and sounds like a flavor hit, so I'm hoping the boys will love it!
  • Gathered has a tutorial for a stunning Mountain Quilt and I know you'll love this one. It's mini size but it would make a gorgeous block for a medallion style quilt or a cushion front. If the view from you window doesn't include a mountain range, sew yourself one!



  • How adorable is the Lucky Penny Poncho Childs Size Pattern from Sincerely Pam? I love the rolled neck and it looks so cosy - Miss Iris definitely needs one of these! It's a free pattern and includes three child's sizes, but there's also the Lucky Penny Poncho Ladies Pattern, so you can make matching ponchos. 
  • The Brown Sugar Peach Cake from The View from Great Island sound delicious. It's a summer dessert cake and I've bookmarked it for later in the year when dad starts harvesting his peaches. It's a classic style cake, filled with peaches and topped with a brown sugar icing - yum!



  • I love the Woodland Mushroom Quilt Block from DIY Tutorial Ideas. This block is constructed with basics HST's and is scrap friendly. It's such a fun block and it makes the sweetest mini quilt. It's free to download, so have fun!
  • Make and Do Crew has a Crochet Patchwork Cardigan Pattern which is free to use and such a fun design. Its clever construction eliminates lots of ends to weave in and it sounds easy to crochet. A great way to add some colour to your wardrobe and use up some of those scrap yarns!
  • The DIY Quilt Bread Basket Pattern from Debbie Shore is functional, and it looks cute. I adore the little bows on the folds, and it would look adorable on any table. Perfect for picnics as well or make them for your craft room and fill will supplies.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something new to create in the days ahead.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)



No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊