Orange & Double Chocolate Muffins

If you're looking for a decadent, sweet muffin recipe for Halloween, then give these Orange & Double Chocolate Muffins a try. They are delicious and a real crowd pleaser.



Morning lovely!

One of the ultimate flavour pairings in baking is chocolate and orange. They bring the best out in each other as the sweet, tangy flavour of the orange cuts through the silky bitterness of the dark chocolate. 

It's one of my favorite combinations and today I'm sharing my Orange & Dark Chocolate Muffins recipe to entice you to grab your apron and start baking.

These muffins are the ultimate grown-up treat at Hallween parties or gathering and such a crowd pleaser.


Chocolate muffins are decadent on their own, but the burst of tangy orange flavour elevates them to greater heights. It's a party on the palette and a delightful sensory experience for your guests.

This is a super quick and easy recipe that you can whip up in around 30 minutes, yet they look as if you've slaved away in the kitchen creating these super stars.

They are very moist, and your batter may appear runnier than other muffin recipes, but this creates a fudgy, delicious texture.


These Orange & Double Chocolate Muffins are light and airy, sweet and tangy, with a refreshing twist that tastes like sunshine.

It's simple ingredients and you can use whichever dark chocolate product you have in the pantry. I like to use dark chocolate buttons for this recipe, but chocolate chips or cooking chocolate works as just as well.

I roughly chop the dark chocolate buttons and add them to the batter, but I also sprinkle the tops of the muffins with extra chopped chocolate prior to baking.


For a soft tender muffin, make sure you don't overwork the batter or overcook the muffin. You don't need an electric mixer for this recipe but be gentle with the batter and fold your wet and dry ingredients together.

I use muffin liners for these Orange & Double Chocolate Muffins, and I've included directions for making your own in the recipe if you need them.

They store for up to three days in an airtight container and they are also freezer friendly - simply pop them in a ziplock bag and defrost or microwave them as required.


The Orange & Double Chocolate Muffins recipe will yield twelve large muffins and they're a flavour sensation that's perfect for Halloween entertaining. 

If you would like to batch of your own, simply click on the link to download the free recipe card or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer:



I hope you enjoy these Orange & Double Chocolate Muffins. They'll be on my Halloween table this year and I know they won't last long at all.

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy baking :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊