Witch Hat FPP Quilt Block PDF Pattern

Whimsical quilt blocks are playful and fun, and perfect for seasonal or children's quilts. I've added a new section to my Etsy shop for quilt blocks and today I have a new design for you.


Morning lovely!

I've added a new section to my Etsy shop to include a range of whimsical and fun quilt blocks, and you have been showing them lots of love - thank you! They are perfect for seasonal or children's quilts or for those times when you feel like sewing a playful block.

With Halloween right around the corner, I couldn't resist adding the Witch Hat Quilt Block to my pattern family.

How fun is this? You can almost hear the evil, crackling laugh of a wicked witch and it's creepy without being spooky.


In pop culture the witch hat is depicted as a conical crown with a wide brim. Its origins and symbolism are disputed but it is the quintessential Halloween costume accessory. 

Real witches and pretend witches adorn the pointed hat on Halloween, and they can be decorated with feathers, crystals, ribbons, leaves, moss, beads and flowers.

The conical shape of the hat is said to symbolise wisdom, power and magic and its shape allows the witch to send the energies out into the universe to effect change.


The Witch Hat Quilt Block is constructed using the foundation paper piecing method and this one is for the confident paper piecer who loves a challenge.

There are smaller pieces to paper piece and lots of templates to join, but watching this block come alive in fabric was so fun! Take your time and enjoy the experience.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is essential and if you need a little help, you can follow any of my tutorials here:



I'm only an email away if you need some extra help with foundation paper piecing, so contact me if you have any questions or concerns.


The Witch Hat Quilt Block PDF Pattern includes step by step assembly instructions and full-sized templates for four block sizes - 6", 8", 10" & 12" so you can print and sew without any fuss. 

There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to piecing your mini quilt.

I've also included any tips I feel are useful for constructing the block, and I've calculated the fabric requirements for the largest block size so you can choose your fabrics with piece of mind.


Blocks like these remind me let go, have fun and play in the sewing room! I hope you enjoy sewing the
Witch Hat Quilt Block and that it adds something whimsical and charming to your quilt.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the Witch Hat Quilt Block PDF Pattern, they are now available in my Etsy shop at the small price of $2.99 (AU + taxes where applicable). Simply click the link below to grab your copy:


The Witch Hat Quilt Block was so fun to create and I'm eager to add some more playful and fun blocks to my Etsy shop. 

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊