Calendar Girls - Caroline (Block Four)

Do you want to sew the blocks featured in my Free 2023 Calendar? Come and meet the Calendar Girls and join me in a very, very casual sew along!


Morning lovely!

Welcome to Block Four of my Calendar Girls sew along! I apologise for the delay of this block, but my sewing machine is home again and working perfectly, so I'm back in business :)

Block Four is a tribute to someone very special to my husband - his nan! She passed away when he was a young boy but as we talked about her, I could feel how deeply she had imprinted his heart - I wish I could have met this wonderful lady!

Let me introduce you to Caroline!


Our fourth block is the much loved and fabulous Caroline.

She is a paper pieced block, and this block will be a favorite with everyone.

Caroline is pure of heart and extends kindness to everyone she meets. Her love of life and compassion for others is infectious, and her family means the absolute world to her. You can be assured Caroline is always watching out for you, and she will no doubt slip you a little extra pocket money for something special. She's a no fuss, thoughtful lady and once you visit her home you'll never want to leave - and she might not let you. ;)

Caroline was my husband's nan (grandmother) and he was her favorite.


My goal was to make these block patterns as easy as possible for you, so Caroline is constructed using the easy and accurate foundation paper piecing method and a little applique.

You'll require two pretty prints and a background fabric to complete your block, and a scrap of fabric for your applique. Choose your favorite applique technique - this piece is small so I used raw edge to secure mine to the block.

A colouring sheet is included in the free PDF pattern, so you can play around with combinations prior to sewing and pay close attention to the instructions in the pattern for colour placement.


The free PDF pattern includes full sized templates and assembly instructions and diagrams for four sizes of the Caroline block - 6", 8", 10" & 12".  It's up to you how many you sew or how you use them - you have a few days until the release of the next block, so sew lots!

Just mentioning again, there are no fabric requirements included in the pattern.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is a must, and the FPP templates are full sized for each of the block sizes, so you can print and sew without any fuss.

If you need help with FPP, you can find my tutorials here:


You can always email me with any questions or concerns you may have with FPP - I'll help if I can!


Everything you need to make your own Caroline block is in the free pattern and to download and print your copy, simply click the link:


Have fun sewing this block. I loved hearing my husband talk about his nan and learning more about this amazing woman. He's thrilled she's one of my Calendar Girls and I'm honoured to have her.

The next block in the series is the pull no punches, showstopper Evelyn!


Even though Block Four was delayed, I'm sticking to my original schedule, and I can't wait to introduce you to Evelyn on Wednesday 26th of April. She's a delightful block to sew and she shares her name with my husband's mother!

Have fun sewing Caroline lovely! I can't wait to see what you create with these Calendar Girl Blocks.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊