Calendar Girls - Honor (Block Twelve)

Do you want to sew the blocks from my Free 2023 Calendar? Come meet the Calendar Girls and join me in a very, very casual sew along!


Morning lovely!

Welcome to Block Twelve of my Calendar Girls sew along! We made it! This is the very last block of the series and I've enjoyed our sew along so much! I'll be sewing a quilt for my granddaughter with my blocks. How will you use yours?

Sadly, during the course of this Calendar Girls series, I did lose my great aunt. Betty passed away at the end of June aged 97 and she was another amazing woman. She taught me to live fearlessly, love hard and laugh at every opportunity! Betty was the daughter of Lillian and youngest sister of Mary

Today's block shares its name with a very special lady! You'll enjoy sewing this block and you'll love meeting our loquacious Calendar Girl.

Let me introduce you to Honor!


Our twelfth block is the wise and loquacious Honor.

She is a foundation paper pieced block, and super fun to sew!

Honor is captivating and wise. She presides over every gathering, sharing her thoughts, wisdom, stories and knowledge. She's the one to go to when you're seeking an answer but be warned it will never be short and sweet - our Honor loves to talk! She's friendly and charismatic, and people are drawn to her warm presence. She's witty and fun and she doesn't take herself too seriously. Honor will greet you into her home with open arms but prepare to stay for several cups of tea because this lovely lady has a lot of things to tell you!

Honor was my great great aunt, sister of Enid and sister-in-law of Ruby.


My goal was to make these block patterns as easy as possible for you, so Honor is constructed using the quick and accurate foundation paper piecing method. This block goes together very quickly but remember to keep everything squared up as you sew units together.

You'll require two pretty prints and two background fabrics to complete your block and I love the ones I chose for this block. It looks fantastic in any combination, so get creative.

A colouring sheet is included in the free PDF pattern, so you can play around with combinations prior to sewing.


The free PDF pattern includes full sized templates and assembly instructions and diagrams for four sizes of the Honor block - 6", 8", 10" & 12".  It's up to you how many you sew or how you use them - you have two weeks until the release of the next block, so sew lots!

Just mentioning again, there are no fabric requirements included in the pattern.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is a must, and the FPP templates are full sized for each of the block sizes, so you can print and sew without any fuss.

If you need help with FPP, you can find my tutorials here:


You can always email me with any questions or concerns you may have with FPP - I'll help if I can!


Everything you need to make your own Honor block is in the free pattern and to download and print your copy, simply click the link:


Have fun sewing this block! Honor was one of kind and I have so many fond memories of her. She would have loved being one of my Calendar Girls and she would have told everyone she met.

If you've missed any of the blocks you can catch up by clicking the link below:


Thank you so much for sewing along with me and meeting all twelve of our Calendar Girls

Les and I have been shaped by their influence and guided by their support and love. We share their quirks and characteristics, and we've approached our lives by the values and imprints they have left behind. They were all perfectly unique and truly unforgettable women.

We were blessed!

OUR CALENDAR GIRLS





PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)

2 comments

  1. What a beautiful tribute! I loved reading the stories and your blocks are gorgeous. Just like the Calendar Girls themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I'm sure all of them would have loved being my Calendar Girls. It was such a fun series to put together and a wonderful opportunity to sit with memories, share special stories and honour these amazing women!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊