Calendar Girls - Enid (Block 9)

Do you want to sew the blocks from my Free 2023 Calendar? Come and meet the Calendar Girls and join me in a very, very casual sew along!

Morning lovely!

Welcome to Block Nine of my Calendar Girls sew along! Every second Wednesday I'm releasing one block pattern from my Free 2023 Calendar for you to sew in any project you desire!

This week's block shares a name with a very, very sweet lady. Growing up, this lady was an inspiring presence in my life, and I had some beautiful, albeit rare, one-on-one chats with her - Enid and Honor were (literally) inseparable sisters, and Enid was the quiet one.

Let me introduce you to Enid!


Our ninth block is the sweet and sophisticated Enid.

She is a traditionally pieced block, and one of my absolute favorites (Odd Fellows Chain)!

Enid is the epitome of poise. She's calm and self-assured, relaxed and comfortable in her own skin, and an attentive listener who makes you feel like you're the most important person in the world. She has style and sophistication but she's down to earth and endearing. She's passionate about horses and dolls, and her home reflects her love of all things beautiful. Her garden is her sanctuary and if you invite yourself over for tea and a chat, she'll prepare you an elaborate garden party in a quiet spot amongst the fragrant roses.

Enid was my great great aunt and sister of Honor, sister-in-law of Ruby and aunt of Sheila.


My goal was to make these block patterns as easy as possible for you, so Enid is constructed using traditional piecing methods. To help with accuracy, some of the pieces are cut slightly larger than required and then trimmed so your units won't go wonky.

You'll require four pretty prints and a background fabric to complete your block and I'm not completely sold on my choices for this one (I tried to stay true to the Calendar image), but it's still pretty.

A colouring sheet is included in the free PDF pattern, so you can play around with combinations prior to sewing.


The free PDF pattern includes cutting and assembly instructions plus diagrams for four sizes of the Enid block - 6", 8", 10" & 12".  It's up to you how many you sew or how you use them - you have two weeks until the release of the next block, so sew lots!

Pay close attention to the charts in this free pattern. There's a lot of cutting and trimming information required for each block size, so don't forget to check you're working in the correct column as you go. Also, because this block has so many pieces, make sure you label your cut pieces correctly if you cut the whole block at once. I actually prefer to cut the pieces as I go but that's up to you :)

Just mentioning again, there are no fabric requirements included in the pattern.


Everything you need to make your own Enid block is in the free pattern and to download and print your copy, simply click the link:


Have fun sewing this block! Enid was a very sweet lady who loved beautiful things and lived her life fabulously. She would have been thrilled to be one of my Calendar Girls and I can't imagine doing this series without including her.

The next block in the series is our little ray of sunshine Amy!



I can't wait to introduce you to Amy on Wednesday 5th of July. She's a lovely block to sew and she shares her name with my husband's aunt!

Have fun sewing Enid lovely! I can't wait to see what you create with these Calendar Girl Blocks.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊