Friday, January 8, 2016

Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins

A few years ago, Madeline volunteered to cook morning tea for her history class and she found a recipe for the most amazing muffins. They were such a hit, that she had regular requests to bring more batches. We have given this recipe to many friends and as I was making a batch the other day, I thought I would share it here too, with you. So here's our Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffin recipe:
I don't think there's any better flavour combination than raspberry and chocolate; its a match made in heaven. The raspberries beautifully complement the pieces of smooth, sweet white chocolate. We leave our chocolate pieces quite chunky, so you get a nice big hit when you bite into the muffin.
These would have to be the lightest and fluffiest muffins I have ever tried and they are super delicious. I suggest you make and eat them in the same day. They are still nice up to 2 days later, but not as yummy as straight from the oven. They are easy to prepare, so you can whip up a batch an hour or two before guests arrive or before you need to serve them.
Madeline and I leave notes in my cookbooks, just to remind us of any hints or tips etc. and sometimes we write little messages, which future generations may read one day. I love that Madeline has written next to this recipe that its " a family favorite, which must be passed on to the grandkids" :)
As an alternative, add some cocoa powder to the mix and substitute the white chocolate for some dark chocolate chips; this combination is delicious as well. Either option is perfect to have with that morning or afternoon coffee or make a batch for your next picnic; they will be thoroughly enjoyed.
To download the Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins recipe, just visit HERE or right click on the image below and save it to your computer.
I hope you enjoy these little morsels of yumminess.
Happy baking :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...