Banana & Blueberry Bread

Are you like me and get excited when the fruit bowl contains over ripe banana's? It is rare in our house, but when it happens it means I can make Banana Bread. I have quite a few different recipes but lately I've been playing around with a healthier version. I've made this bread quite a few times now and its so yummy that I thought I would share the recipe with you. So here's my Banana and Blueberry Bread:


This Banana and Blueberry Bread is packed full of banana and oats, a generous amount of cinnamon and an abundance of those beautiful blueberries. Its a lovely combination, and I'm sure you could make it even healthier depending on your own dietary requirements. Its quick and easy to make and you don't need a lot of fancy ingredients.


Its great to have for morning or afternoon tea, but its also perfect to have lightly toasted and served with some sliced banana and a drizzling of Manuka honey for breakfast. It's lovely and moist and lasts for about five days in an airtight container (that's if the family allows it last that long).


Its also perfect to take along to craft days or quilting classes - my girls have really enjoyed nibbling on slices as they sew without having to feel guilty :)  It would also be great for school fetes or fundraisers and you could decorate the loaves with a baking paper sleeve, tied with bakers twine before packaging it in some cellophane. Parents are always looking for the healthiest option on the baked goods stall, and I think these loaves would be popular.
If you would like to give my Banana and Blueberry Bread a try you can download the recipe by clicking the link or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer.



I hope you and your family enjoy my Banana and Blueberry Bread recipe. We enjoyed some for breakfast this morning and I may even cut myself some more for lunch because its just that good :)


Happy baking :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊