Mosaic Sampler Parts Two and Three

The Mosaic Sampler CAL is a free pattern from Moira at Daisy Knots Crochet. It's a delight to crochet and a wonderful technique to learn!


I've finished Part Two and Three of my Mosaic Sampler CAL and I thought I'd share my thoughts on the pattern and my yarn choice so far, plus show you a few photos of my progress.

This style of crochet was a new to me technique and even though the pattern charts looked daunting, I knew I had to give it a try. It didn't take long for mosaic crochet to become my new addiction, and it's such a relaxing form of crochet - you only need to know how to crochet two stitches!

I've been working on it as much as I can, and fortunately it's still at that manageable size where I can take it outside and crochet in the cool breeze because our days/nights are hot!


I did plough through Part One because the pattern formed very quickly, and I could see what came next. I used the charts as a reference and had the PDF open on my phone.  Because the pattern is a repeat, I would double check the start and end of each row to make sure I stayed on track.

I was happy with my yarn choices at this stage, or though the light grey yarn was a little light and didn't pop against the white which was disappointing.


Part Two was a little more challenging and I did print the chart for this one. The geometric design required a lot more concentration, but it was worth it - I love, love, love this pattern!

There were a lot more drop double crochet's in this design, and each row was different from the row below, so you need to be vigilant with marking off the rows as you crochet them.


Part Three was fun and a lot easier to crochet. This design pays homage to the Apache Tears design by Sarah London and its super pretty. Once the pattern had formed, it was very simple to follow along without having to check the charts religiously.

At the end of Part Three I really regretted my light grey yarn choice, but I'm going to live with it. I might use it less and substitute it for one of the other yarns as I progress through the pattern. It might work better in larger patterns where it not's going to fade into the background as much, we'll see.


Despite the light grey yarn, I'm loving how it's progressing so far. It's so different to anything I've crocheted before and I enjoy working a row or two whenever I get the chance. I'm eager to start the next section and this one looks like a lot of fun!

It's always a concern when you choose a yarn you haven't tried before, but so far Lionbrand's Feels Like Butta is working well. It's making a snuggly, warm blanket and I love how super soft it is! My progress is quite weighty, but the yarn is retaining its shape so that's a good thing.


Moira's pattern and her comprehensive You Tube videos make this project achievable for everyone, so if you looking for something to work on then this Mosaic Sampler CAL might be for you. Let me know if you do give it a try, we can be crochet buddies! :)

You can find all the links and details to this free pattern HERE, and I just saw she has released a new pattern today called Spirals. This one is crocheted in the round! Another one to add to my list :)

I'll keep you updated on my progress of this blanket throughout the year. I can't wait to see this grow some more and I hope it inspires you to give Mosaic Crochet a try - it's super fun and you'll feel pretty damn proud of what you can achieve!


Happy crocheting :)
email signature

1 comment

  1. I would love the pattern for this - its really striking! I am new to crochet so I would love to make this a first project

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊