Festive Brownies - For the Kids!

Nanna's house is where you go for squishy hugs, loads of kisses, and messy play without rules but most importantly, all the sweet treats! These Festive Brownies are decadent and fun, and kid approved - bake some today!


Landon, our two-year-old grandson loooooooves coming to Nanna's house for brownies. He literally gasps (hands over mouth) and happy dances when he sees them on the plate - it's the cutest thing to see ever! :) One is never enough, so when mummy isn't looking another one magically appears on his plate - naughty Nanna! ;)

Yesterday I thought I'd try something different and make him a batch of Festive Brownies to start the Christmas season. There was a fleeting look of betrayal when he realised Nanna had messed with his favorite brownies, but after that first bite he was a very happy little poppet indeed!


To make these a kid friendly brownie, I added some frozen raspberries and Milky Bar white chocolate to the mix and is there anything better than a raspberry/chocolate combination? I think not!

You could add so many other ingredients to make a big kid's version - adults would love nuts, cherries, cranberries, marshmallows, cinnamon etc. - but simple is the theme of our Christmas and this combination makes them festive, decadent and fun!

These Festive Brownies are a quick and easy dessert idea or great for snacks at Nanna's. They're quick to whip up and let the kids help - Landon loves helping me bake and he's the cutest little helper! ;)


These Festive Brownies have the right amount of gooeyness and sweetness, and the chunky white chocolate pieces add a gorgeous crunch. They're moist and fudgy and the top has that delicious, crackled layer that adds even more texture.

My brownie recipe has been tried, tested and refined over many years, and I also use it for my Peppermint Brownie Bites which I shared back in 2017. These bites are also delicious and a popular recipe for school parties and coffee with the craft girls!


I used Nestle's Milky Bar white chocolate for these Festive Brownies, but you can also use white chocolate chips or buttons, or other chocolate bars like Caramilk or Milk and Cookies, yum!

The rest of the ingredients you should find in the pantry, and I can't stress enough that your choice of dark chocolate is very important - buy the best your budget allows to make the lushest brownies ever!

This recipe is cooked in an 8" (20cm) square pan and makes twelve brownie squares. They store well in an airtight container and the smell is intoxicating.


If you want to make the kids gasp and happy dance like Landon this Christmas season, bake them a batch of Festive Brownies and trust me, the big kids love them too!

To grab the free recipe card, simply click the link or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer:



I hope you enjoy these Festive Brownies and if you're a Nanna like me you're guaranteed extra squishy hugs and sloppy kisses when you serve them to the grandkids - you're welcome! 

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy Christmas baking :)



6 comments

  1. They look yummy. I might have to give them a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a leftover one for morning tea today Jeanette. So yummy ! Hope you enjoy them! :)

      Delete
  2. YUM! I'm going to save this recipe for later. Huge brownie fans at our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them too Anorina! Brownies are perfect as they are, but this was a nice treat :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Rose,
    Congratulations with the success after messing with a chocolate brownie recipe :)
    take care, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His little face said it all Joanne, but there were definitely no complaints ;)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊