Calendar Girls - Amy (Block 10)

Do you want to sew the blocks from my Free 2023 Calendar? Come and meet the Calendar Girls and join me in a very, very casual sew along!


Morning lovely!

Welcome to Block Ten of my Calendar Girls sew along! Every second Wednesday I'm releasing one block pattern from my Free 2023 Calendar for you to sew in any project you desire!

This week's block shares its name with a lady who can only be described as our little ray of sunshine. Her presence was pure warmth, and she made the world seem so much brighter. She loved life to the fullest, and her absence is felt by us all.

Let me introduce you to Amy!


Our tenth block is our little ray of sunshine Amy.

She is a foundation paper pieced block, and she's gorgeous!

Amy is like pure sunshine. Her smile is warm, her heart is huge, and her laughter is like music to the soul. Wherever Amy goes, there's country and western music playing, and you'll find her dancing away without a care in the world. She's tiny but she's oh so mighty and her sly little wink lets you know she's got your back so don't take things too seriously. She loves playing cards and getting together with the girls but none more so than her two beloved sisters. She's the one to call whenever you need a hand or a good laugh, and she'll invite you over for tea, music and a quick spin around the lounge room to dance your worries away.

Amy was my husband's aunt and youngest sister of Jean and Evelyn.


My goal was to make these block patterns as easy as possible for you, so Amy is constructed using the quick and accurate foundation paper piecing method. This block is a little fiddly, so take your time and keep everything squared up as you go.

You'll require three pretty prints and a background fabric to complete your block and I love the ones I chose for this block. It looks fantastic in any combination, so get creative.

A colouring sheet is included in the free PDF pattern, so you can play around with combinations prior to sewing.


The free PDF pattern includes full sized templates and assembly instructions and diagrams for four sizes of the Amy block - 6", 8", 10" & 12".  It's up to you how many you sew or how you use them - you have two weeks until the release of the next block, so sew lots!

Just mentioning again, there are no fabric requirements included in the pattern.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is a must, and the FPP templates are full sized for each of the block sizes, so you can print and sew without any fuss.

If you need help with FPP, you can find my tutorials here:


You can always email me with any questions or concerns you may have with FPP - I'll help if I can!


Everything you need to make your own Amy block is in the free pattern and to download and print your copy, simply click the link:


Have fun sewing this block! Auntie Amy was one of the first family members I met when I started dating hubby and she was like pure sunshine. She would have loved being one of my Calendar Girls and I'm sure she'd give me a cheeky wink and that gorgeous smile of hers.

The next block in the series is the perky and bubbly Norma!


I can't wait to introduce you to Norma on Wednesday 19th of July. Everyone loves a pineapple block and this one shares her name with my husband's godmother.

Have fun sewing Amy lovely! I can't wait to see what you create with these Calendar Girl Blocks.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊