Priscilla Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment, and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


For some time now, I've wanted to add a Priscilla Mini Quilt to my pattern family, but it seemed to creep further and further down my to do list. I've finally gotten my act together and I'm thrilled to introduce Priscilla as this month's mini quilt pattern.

Isn't she a cutie? She was definitely worth the wait and she's just the sweetest little quilt!


Priscilla blocks are referred to as New Testament blocks, and they're popular because of the gorgeous secondary patterns they create when set in groups. If you play around with different colour combinations, you can create some wonderful optical illusions in an all over quilt design.

There are many variations of this block and some of these variations have names of their own (World Without End, Golden Wedding etc.), and they range from plain and simple to stripy and fun. 

I enjoyed putting my own little twist on this block design, and I couldn't be happier with my Priscilla Mini Quilt pattern.


So, who was Priscilla exactly? 

Priscilla was married to Aquila and they were a first century missionary couple who lived, worked and travelled with the Apostle Paul. Their work provided the foundations for the early Christian churches (they were tent builders) and Priscilla is revered throughout the New Testament as an equal to men - a radical view which aligned with the teachings of Jesus.

Women today look up to her as a good and wise woman and consider her to be a leader - a deaconess so to speak.


While I love the versatility of the Priscilla block, I'm happy my tweaks allow her to shine alone and create a stunning mini quilt.  

Priscilla is a foundation paper pieced pattern, and she finishes at around 14" square making her perfect to use as a table topper or cushion front or as a petite addition to your mini quilt wall.

I used a scrappy mix of Bonnie and Camille fabrics, and I added in some Essex linen to give the mini quilt that lovely texture and create some warmth and coziness to the design. 

The PDF pattern includes swatches of the fabrics I used and there's also a colouring page for you to plan your own fabrics/colours prior to committing to sew.


The PDF Pattern also includes full sized paper piecing templates, step by step instructions and diagrams, plus optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers.

If you need a little help with foundation paper piecing, I have a few tutorials here:
 

There's lots of information, practice sheets and links to other tutorials in these posts, but I'm just an email away if you need some help or have any questions :)


If you would like to sew your own version of my Priscilla Mini Quilt, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop and from today until the end of April 2021 you can grab a copy at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable.

Simply click on the link below to purchase your copy:


I hope you love Priscilla as much as I do. She's sweet, she's stunning, she's fun and playful and she's finally a member of my ever-growing family of patterns.

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)
email signature

4 comments

  1. Your Mini Quilt today is stunning! It has been quite awhile since I have done any paper pieced patterns, but I discovered an airplane pattern in a magazine I bought many years ago that I am going to try after I finish off several UFO's. LOL. I am delighted every time that I open up your blog email and read your posts. Thank you for sharing all of your talents! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Brenda :) Have fun with your paper piecing project. It's my favorite way to piece but I also enjoy traditional piecing! Glad you love Priscilla :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty block. I like your background fabric with the tiny hearts, and I also like how you matched the binding to the points that extend to it. Are all your named blocks bible-related?
    Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to name my mini's after influential women - there's usually I reason I choose the name and I always share a little background. So glad you like Priscilla :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊