Christmas On The Blog


I've had a lot of new visitors to my blog this year (welcome you lovely people, I'm so glad you're here and following along) so I thought it might be fun to revisit some of the most popular Christmas freebies, recipes and Christmas quilt patterns that I've shared over the years, just in case you haven't navigated your way to them yet.

My Christmas projects are my most downloaded or purchased, so I know you love them and that they're useful to you, and if you've missed any of them the links are all here in the one place.


Christmas Planner:

I couldn't organise our Christmas without my free Christmas Planner. It's a valuable tool for organising menus, storing recipes, making lists and keeping receipts safe. It keeps everything in the one place, and it takes the stress out of Christmas.

I designed this to be a reusable planner, so you only need to download it once, save the file and then every year reprint the pages you need.  There are pages for menu planning, gift buying, address lists for Christmas cards etc., guest room preparations plus lots, lots more including a letter to Santa for the children.

You can read all about it what's inside and download the free file HERE.



Christmas Mug Rugs:

You guys love my free Christmas Mug Rugs pattern and that makes me happy. The free pattern includes a paper pieced version and an applique version so you can choose which one suits you best.

These scrappy rugs are great for gifts and I've had thank you emails from those who sewed them and a few from those who received them - everyone loves something pretty to set their cup on during Christmas.

You can find the free pattern plus a few tips for packaging your gift HERE.


Christmas Baking:

Who doesn't love those soul warming Christmas baking smells? I'm a cook from scratch kinda girl, and I love making my own Christmas Cakes and Puddings, condiments, shortbread, fruit mince etc. 

If you're looking for something to bake this Christmas then you can find all my Christmas Baking recipes HERE. Don't forget to check back from time to time because I'll be adding more over the coming weeks.


Christmas Star:

You guys broke the internet when I released my free Christmas Star pattern and it's still being downloaded hundreds and hundreds of times a week. 

This is a paper pieced star block pattern and I included templates for five different sizes. It's been used for lots of beautiful Christmas projects but also in a variety of other quilt projects. I love seeing what everyone makes with this block pattern - there's some very talented people out there :)

You can download the free block pattern file including all five sizes HERE.


Christmas Card Gifts:

I love to include a small gift in the Christmas Cards I send. It's a sweet way to let someone know you're thinking of them and that they mean a lot to you. You can make these projects quickly, easily and in bulk, and they don't add a lot of weight to the postage.

The Fabric Star Hangers are super cute and fun to make and you can find my tutorial HERE.

The Matchbox Needle Keeps are perfect for your sewing friends and you can find my tutorial HERE.


Let It Snow Cushion:

And don't forget your home décor. My free Let It Snow Cushion pattern is the perfect addition to your holiday decorating. It's a simple applique pattern and I love the pom pom edging and the gorgeous typography.

For all the information on this free pattern just visit HERE.


Gingerbread Coasters:

Relaxing with a hook and some yarn is a great way to unwind during the lead up to Christmas. If you're looking for something super cute to crochet then my Gingerbread Coasters pattern is a freebie here on the blog. These crochet up super quickly and there's step by step tutorial with photos to help you out. You only need to know a few stitches and the pattern is written in both US and UK shorthand terms.

You can find the free pattern HERE or if you don't have the time to make your own, I have a set of four in my Etsy Handmade Shop that makes life even easier for you.



Nutcracker:

My most popular Christmas pattern is Nutcracker and I absolutely love this little guy - he's the first decoration I hang every year. His cute little face will delight the kids and adults alike and he adds a little magic to your Christmas décor.

He's constructed quickly and easily with some simple piecing and a few sew and flip corners, and he looks great in any fabric combination.

You can purchase a copy of my PDF pattern HERE.


Christmas Mini Quilt Pattern Bundle:

I decided to offer a Christmas Mini Quilt Pattern Bundle in my Etsy shop as a Christmas Special from now until the end of the year. 

The bundle includes a PDF pattern of Celeste, Spruce and the extremely popular Yuletide at the special price of $12.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable. That's a $4.90 saving!

You can purchase my Christmas Mini Quilt Pattern Bundle HERE.

So that's a look at some of the most popular Christmas projects I have here on the blog. I'll be adding more projects during the lead up to Christmas and I hope you love them just as much as these ones :)

Happy Christmas crafting :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. i can't get your free christmas star to download.
    what do you suggest. and by the way i finally figured out the triangles on the art deco tulip. i was putting them on wrong. thank you. love your patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you shoot me an email and I'll get you sorted with a pattern :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊